changing of PL in hood

crash

• SRC Member

hi all,

i was thinking of changin my 13W PL lights in the hood to higher wattage such as 36W... i dont think i can juz buy a 36Wbulb to replace it right? i was wondering how to do this modification and where can i get those lighting equipments... any experts can give me some advices? thks...

36W PC light are much longer than your 13W, not sure will it fit in your hood. Next, you'll need longer reflector and change ballast also, on the wiring portion its easy if you have some electrical background. Check out nano-reef.com, you'll get some useful idea there :)

• SRC Member
36W PC light are much longer than your 13W, not sure will it fit in your hood. Next, you'll need longer reflector and change ballast also, on the wiring portion its easy if you have some electrical background. Check out nano-reef.com, you'll get some useful idea there :)

hi... thks for the advice... do u hav any idea where can i get the ballast n bulbs??

• SRC Member
You should not have any problem finding PL ballast, just ask around in DIY shop or self fix, or even sim lim tower. PL tube wise i usually go to pasir ris fish farm area, think its at Lot 63 something like that.

oh... ok thks alot bro... i'll try to source for it...