Water for top up

law1210

Hi there, today as I was using distilled water to top up my tank, I curious and did a PH test on the distilled water. I was shocked to see that it is ard 10.1! Is that normal? I thought it should be neutral, ie 7.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

Corals: Zoas, Rics, Hammer, Blue & Green Starpolyps.

No Kidding!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Did you do a retest, or any contamination? pH 10 is far too alkali, at most I have seen is about pH8. If this persist, you got to get the Power Supply to do something.

But then again, there are many who buy devices to produce Alkali Water to drink. This is for health reason, especially those cancer patients.

Oh yes, I did retest. I bought two bottles and tested both, newly opened. Both same same. one 10.1, the other 10.7. And I tested my freshwater tank after that to make sure my PH pen is not koo koo.

Btw, the brand is BEST distilled pure drinking water, product of Singapore. Did I use the wrong type of distilled water for top up?

This is my first time using distilled water for top up. I used to use tapwater with water conditioner.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

Nope, it doesn't mention. And it says the water contain no minerals, etc. If no mineral how come so alkaline. So cannot buy that brand for fish tank liao.

My 1.5ft Nano tank