RedSea Berlin Protien Skimmer

Acanthurus pyroferus

alot more fishy poo-poo you mean still floating around.... :lol: only wish I had taken some photo's of my previous 6 footer with the RSB at work. One of the best tanks I have kept up to date.

not fish poo lah...

it's DOC...dissolved organic carbons...and other stuff that are not visible to the eye...hehe

er...is the 6ft tank full of sps which requires almost no DOCs or other wastes in the water? :)

if your 6ft was full of sps and fishes and yet can do well also...i better go buy a RSB also :)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

not fish poo lah...

it's DOC...dissolved organic carbons...and other stuff that are not visible to the eye...hehe

er...is the 6ft tank full of sps which requires almost no DOCs or other wastes in the water? :)

if your 6ft was full of sps and fishes and yet can do well also...i better go buy a RSB also :)

Yes , I was keeping alot of LPS and SPS at the time with quite a few fishes as well. Even phosphate levels never did rise. No refigium but with coral chips and bioballs at the time. Using old fashion MH pendant from Aquatechnic , with 3 250Watts and 2 Athinic Blues....can't believe a small skimmer cleared all the DOC's and even without even monitoring PH levels.... :D

maybe i will just get the classic RSB since it is so short and cute and somemore endorse by bro Acanthurus pyroferus for its sure performance even in a 6ft... :bow:

if i can squeeze the H&S and AquaC into my sump...i dun see why not the RSB berlin...then can run 3 skimmers

maybe i will add this berlin classic ...then remove the H&S gradually....and then remove the AquaC gradually and just run the berlin classic :lol:

save me more electricity and can sell the H&S and AquaC and buy more black tangs :lol:

here's a pic for comparison...the H&S vs redsea size :lol:

post-17-1079923191.jpg

• SRC Member

hehee...max

eh...if wanna sell yours let me know...my one only 1 aquabee....

really...let me know ah :off:

BTW, that's the external outside sump model. What I've is the insump model. I think the external model should fit without modifing your sump?

There's a lot of good skimmer, you juz have to tune it right :P:P:o

Max

• SRC Member

You can consider Deltec. I believe there are some test done in Europe and there has been preferences towards H&S or Delthec run with Eheim 1260, 1262 vs Aqua-bee. It seems that the larger skimmer fitted with eheim perform more consistently than the smaller units with aqua-bee...............

Take a look

post-17-1079924262.jpg

• SRC Member

Chk out Deltec Shelf Cleaning HEAD.....save you lots of time to do other stuff......

Talk Skimmer or Calcium Reactor...........Talk about "KING" Deltec

When you buy some brands, we argue about if technically it works.

When you buy Deltec, we argue about if technically it's the best or worst....second best?

post-17-1079924339.jpg

No lah...

it is AquaC, H&S and redsea challenge... :D

tat time bought H&S after my aquaC....still cannot conclude which one skim better...

so maybe i follow you buy the redsea classic....may finally be able to conclude redsea skim best of all....and i can sell away the earlier 2 :lol:

save electricity...just run the cute and short berlin will do ;)

yeah...i see the H&S and the redsea pic i want to laugh also...the H&S can literally swallow the redsea alive :lol:

pic from the net...was in my folder for some time..i always keep interesting equipment photos in my folder...did alot of research before buying my skimmers mah...so i look around and saw many interesting pics that i want to keep...

• SRC Member
No lah...

it is AquaC, H&S and redsea challenge...

tat time bought H&S after my aquaC....still cannot conclude which one skim better...

so maybe i follow you buy the redsea classic....may finally be able to conclude redsea skim best of all....and i can sell away the earlier 2 :lol:

save electricity...just run the cute and short berlin will do ;)

yeah...i see the H&S and the redsea pic i want to laugh also...the H&S can literally swallow the redsea alive :lol:

yeah lor no compare in the picture.... :lol: Since we talk about all kinds of skimmer here...he...he yesterday saw the Euroreef at PR is that good or not ah? Very huge leh? :whistle

Bro Roidan....you using 2 skimmer at the time ah? Wah piang! :lol:

Bro Roidan....you using 2 skimmer at the time ah? Wah piang! :lol:

huge always got some advantage..just that we must find a balance between huge and being able to house them..hehe

yeah..i using 2 skimmers...look here :)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=7509&st=2655

i dun skim just kopi-o from my system...

my aquaC and H&S skims out mud also....pure packs of solid mud :)

so i was wondering if RSB is also good...i can add it to my skimmer system :)

• SRC Member

This skimmer served me well. But I want to point out 2 things I encountered:

1. The position of the inlet flow makes the placement of pump either: a) take up a long foot print in your sump or B) Put a series of elbows to take up a more squarish footprint (as shown)

2. If you pipe everything, it will make the maintenance of the venturi very difficult. Imagine taking out all the piping. Of course it isn't very often, but still if something got stuck inside. :(

post-17-1079931047.jpg

• SRC Member

Here is a picture of the skimmate, kind of the same as what other people have posted. I used a 1060 to drive the venturi. Sometime skimming may stop, which I think might be due to the pump not being strong enough, especially with head loss along all that piping. I notice that Red Sea has come out with a needle wheel version of the Berlin Skimmer. Anyway, I just wanted to share my humble experiece on this pc of equipment.

post-17-1079931375.jpg

• SRC Member

do a flexible piping thats able to be removed easily....don't do something that you can't remove later as all protien skimmers whether it's an Aqua C , H&S oR RSB needs some form of maintenance sooner or later...... :blink:

Never in my long term use had any time my RSB stopped working...strange that it does that to other people..... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

yes the venturi is placed before the pump inlet..... :D

After reading, seems like all 3 skimmers(RSB,H&S,AQUA C) are equally good in terms of performances. How abt a price to price comparision and electricity bills comparision?