My 24G Tank

lame_cow

Hello Reefers,

This is my 2nd attempt at setting up a marine tank. I used to keep a FOWLER tank back in 05 but decommissioned it because i had to go overseas.

So here's what i have now:

Equipment:

-Hydor Koralia 1

-Aquabee 1000 return pump, Hydor FLO

-Ehiem Compact 600, chiller, from sump return to tank

-Hailea HC-100A Chiller

-JBJ Viper MH 150W 14k

-Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer

Livestock:

-2x False Peculiar Clownfish

-1x Pink Skunk Clownfish

-1x Yellow Pygmy Angelfish

-2x Cleaner Shrimp

-2x Turbo Snails

-1x Anemone (I think its BTA, can help me ID?)

-1x Purple Star Polyp

FTS:

P1090100.jpg

Here's the skimmer and light, return from chiller so as to increase flow through the sump:

P1090104.jpg

And here's the refugium with cheato in the 2nd compartment:

P1090105.jpg

Please feel free to comment! :)

Hello, I was wondering if my anemone appears healthy... Anyone can tell me?

Hi,

I own a JBJ24gal too. :rolleyes: . I observe that you have quite a fair bit of micro bubbles in your tank. This is caused, possibly, by the skimmer placed too near to your return pipe. I had the same issue till i shifted my skimmer(aquac remora) to the second compartment. I had to place a piece of foam to further break the bubbles. I hope this helps.

The anemone looks a bit bleached.

Enjoy..it is a lot of fun and challenge with the nano.

Hi,

I own a JBJ24gal too. :rolleyes: . I observe that you have quite a fair bit of micro bubbles in your tank. This is caused, possibly, by the skimmer placed too near to your return pipe. I had the same issue till i shifted my skimmer(aquac remora) to the second compartment. I had to place a piece of foam to further break the bubbles. I hope this helps.

The anemone looks a bit bleached.

Enjoy..it is a lot of fun and challenge with the nano.

Yeah the problem is my skimmer is directly connected to the main tank, not the sumps. The skimmer manual also says that micro bubbles can be caused by certain water parameters, and should go away as the water matures...

Does the anemone looked bleached? I read that there is no such things as a healhy 'white' anemone... Thing is i don't know what the original colour of this BTA is, got it from the LFS as it is now... :unsure: