Suggest me a good Dive company

angelfishlover

• SRC Member

Hi to all bros and sis out there,

I am going to learn SCUBA diving after my O'Levels next year with the support of my parents since they say is good that i want to link my hobby with something that is Marine related.I know how to swim but i never take tests since is so troublesome.I am confused which Dive centre should i go.And should i take local dive(Pulau Hantu) or overseas(Pulau Tioman,Pulau Aur,Pulau Sipadan) dive?

Ok the ones i saw are Waikiki Dive Centre,The Dive Company and Orpheus Dive company.For me all looks interesting but i have headache choosing which company to go to.Or you could recommend me other dive centres you guys went to.

Oh and do you guys normally rent the gears or buy your own gears?If you buy it what brand is recommended and what other gears do you buy other than the fins,masks and wetsuit?

I will appreciate and take note of the tips.

Thanks

girlone.png

• 3 months later...

Hi! I'm new to the site But very old in the diving industry, I work Here in the US distribution facility of SCUBAPRO/UWATEC, if i may suggest for you to find the local dive shop that offer diving certification open water and boat dive it will be the best and cheaper thing to do, and get as many dive as you can get before you go to any dive vacation, renting equipment is good for now but if you can get your own is much advisable.

The Pacific is my reef tank

Visit me @ www.seareef.com/SD/forum.php

or AquaSD when ever your in San Diego

• 2 months later...
Hi to all bros and sis out there,

I am going to learn SCUBA diving after my O'Levels next year with the support of my parents since they say is good that i want to link my hobby with something that is Marine related.I know how to swim but i never take tests since is so troublesome.I am confused which Dive centre should i go.And should i take local dive(Pulau Hantu) or overseas(Pulau Tioman,Pulau Aur,Pulau Sipadan) dive?

Ok the ones i saw are Waikiki Dive Centre,The Dive Company and Orpheus Dive company.For me all looks interesting but i have headache choosing which company to go to.Or you could recommend me other dive centres you guys went to.

Oh and do you guys normally rent the gears or buy your own gears?If you buy it what brand is recommended and what other gears do you buy other than the fins,masks and wetsuit?

I will appreciate and take note of the tips.

Thanks

I work in the dive industry and what i would suggest is this :

Do NOT dive in hantu. its retarded diving. dive in tioman or Aur/Dayang as diving is much better and you only pay about 150 bucks more which covers travel, accom, food etc.

Dont do your open water in sipadan. you'll spend a lot and end up wasting the the first 4 dives in a gorgeous environment doing mask clearing and other skills. you'll waste dives. go to sipadan after you get adv cert as the dives sites there are at an avg depth of 30m and you cant go below 18m if you dont have adv certification and training. and you cant do night dives w/o adv cert either.

drop by waikiki dive centre and chat with the people there. i have friends who have gone to them and were happy. i myself took my rescue and divemaster courses there.

• SRC Member

been diving for years and tried a few shops in town.... i would suggest blue reef scuba -- while they are fun and friendly to go with, they have a sense of responsibility and safety is their main concern, that's the most important.

welcome to the underworld.

Hi, I am new to diving too.., just completed my open, planning to go for my advance,

may i know where can i get degree mask whichis not overprice? i went open water without contact lens, and without a degree mask, i am basicly blind to all the beautifull surrounding during my open dive...

Can you guys intro me where to get my degree mask..

Thanks.