Fishes keep dying =(

One last thing to add, if you want to try this coral, try the star polyps. the one which is green in my first post. Those are hardier, and are very hard to die. haha! If you want to try this coral, i strongly reccomend. It is way way WAY easier than goniopora, it doesnt require much care, and it can tolerate most ighting conditions. If u place it higher towards the light, it will be more green. Lower light levels will make it more brownish. Happy to help!

awesome! thanks for the trouble of taking those pics. will keep a look out for them the next time i visit fish farm.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer
haha nice.. how much u bought it for? i saw one damn nice one going at $35 the other day. its in the owner's display tank haha tempting!

Bought it at $35 =) From jr marine. They have one more piece there. Henry at marine life also got 3 pieces, not sure about the price. Haha, so far, so good.... doing ok in my tank. Too soon to tell though. =) Very cute bubble

• Senior Reefer

Is there any smelly rotting stench? Or any slimey stuff? Are polyps retracting? It could be its expelling its zooxanthellae to adjust to ur lightning conditions..... If the polyps are closed, very smelly and slimy, probably its dying. If not, just leave it and observe..... shouldn't be a problem unless the got smell, slimy and closed polyps

Is there any smelly rotting stench? Or any slimey stuff? Are polyps retracting? It could be its expelling its zooxanthellae to adjust to ur lightning conditions..... If the polyps are closed, very smelly and slimy, probably its dying. If not, just leave it and observe..... shouldn't be a problem unless the got smell, slimy and closed polyps

the top part had closed polyps.. and theres abit of smell as well i think part of it is dying.. should i remove it? but the rest of the polyps are still opening.

• Senior Reefer
the top part had closed polyps.. and theres abit of smell as well i think part of it is dying.. should i remove it? but the rest of the polyps are still opening.

if u want to play safe, u can throw away. mine also like this and i threw it away. I dun care if can salvage or not. coz mine was those cheap $20+ gonio....rather be safe than sorry. u better ask some pros first..... dun anyhow throw haha