NEW BIRD

• SRC Member

in fact i dunno the budget, but would like to hv a low ones, currently hv a 2ft, fibre glass tank, but thinking of a 3ft, but very confuse, need some advise of the gadget tt need to buy, like to check the nitrate, salt, water, i need someone to guide me along the way..

buy salt like Coralife or Tropic Marin, and mix it into prepared water. by prepared water I mean water that has been de-chlorinated/chloramined.

always add salt to water and never water to salt. or was it the other way round. =\

salt water, though natural, may be bad as you do not know what pollutants exist in the water itself. (=

Hi Tahir69,

1st rule, is to be patient n dont worry if u leave a LFS empty handed after u had seen ur most wanted item.

2nd rule, ask ask ask from all people here.

3rd rule, read read read whether from books or better still from the net.

4th rule, after u understood how to cycle a marine fish tank theoritically, then consider the money u r going to "invest" in this hobby.

5th rule, if u think u want to start with a small tank 1st, then use lower gear cos down here the bigger the better. Hold on to ur want, "rob" a bank then buy the biggest tank u can afford and maintain.

6th rule, once ur tank has setup, again, go slowly and steadily to sustain ur interest. Don't buy all things at 1 time and dump them in ur newly setup tank. Do it slowly and it will give u good result.

7th rule, the rest is up to u to explore.

CHEERS

• SRC Member

tks to all, that's y, i hv been asking a lot, haven't even start yet, but will look around and ask around first, trying to know more first, but cannot tahan lah, once go into LFS with sellin reef, i feel so excited, will ask them until they fed up

• SRC Member
I never knew Henry can suffer from menses. are you sure you're talking about the right shop?

I know la the one in hong leong rite. got a display tank rite in front of the door. I know a he cannot have periods. Jus joking la.... :P:P:P:P

Think carefully bout the size of the tank you want or can afford. go for the biggest one you can afford and forget bout it. I started with a 2ft, went to a 3 feet. one month after the 3ft came, started planning for a 5/6ft. Like Roidan his upgrade to 4ft is one of the shortest one liao. selling his tank after one month and 6ft coming this weekend I think!!

• SRC Member

Hey man... Good luck with your hobby...

I know it may seem complicated and all with all the new and sometimes strange info you are taking in but after a short while I promise that it'll all seem logical and none too complicated...

The main thing is to be patient and enjoy this hobby... And if you do things correctly, I'm sure that the passion will stay with you for a long long time..