jbj 28g nano how to install chiller

bonzoid

Hi,

Can any of you guys help me in instructions on how to install the hailea HC 150A chiller for my jbj 28g nano tank. I aquired this second hand without any instructions. Any help would be much appreciated. I am having serious problems with overheating even with a clip on fan on the back of the tank.

bro, 1st u nid to get a pump to pump from the tank to the chiller n return back to the main tank. u can put ur pump at the back compartment (either on the rite or left), wif the hose going down to the chiller, den for the return, u nid to be able to squeeze the hose tru the round hole at the hood. the hole is quite small, so u may haf to force it tru...one word of advice, DUN put ur return hose at the back compartment, cos it may drop n flood the place...happened to me twice

size of hose: 16/22

hope this helps

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

bro, 1st u nid to get a pump to pump from the tank to the chiller n return back to the main tank. u can put ur pump at the back compartment (either on the rite or left), wif the hose going down to the chiller, den for the return, u nid to be able to squeeze the hose tru the round hole at the hood. the hole is quite small, so u may haf to force it tru...one word of advice, DUN put ur return hose at the back compartment, cos it may drop n flood the place...happened to me twice

size of hose: 16/22

hope this helps

Thanks for that Yongshun, wouldn't there be a problem with the water level in the compartment as there is already a stock pump in there. Any recommedation as to what pump I should get? Sorry. I'm fairly new to this.

Thanks for that Yongshun, wouldn't there be a problem with the water level in the compartment as there is already a stock pump in there. Any recommedation as to what pump I should get? Sorry. I'm fairly new to this.

no prob bro, im stil a newbie oso, am stil learning. no worries bout the water level...bt ur water level inside the compartment have to be quite high oso...i used to use eheim compact 1000 for the same tank n same chiller, the flow rate is 1000/hr, though after headlose it should be ard 900+l/hr. the recommended flowrate for ur chiller is btwn 250l-1200l per hr. though it is slightly more ex, bt it is one of the most reliable n affordable in the mkt

maybe other snr reefers here can advise oso if opinion differs? :)

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

no prob bro, im stil a newbie oso, am stil learning. no worries bout the water level...bt ur water level inside the compartment have to be quite high oso...i used to use eheim compact 1000 for the same tank n same chiller, the flow rate is 1000/hr, though after headlose it should be ard 900+l/hr. the recommended flowrate for ur chiller is btwn 250l-1200l per hr. though it is slightly more ex, bt it is one of the most reliable n affordable in the mkt

maybe other snr reefers here can advise oso if opinion differs? :)

Thanks again Yongshan for your very helpful advice. Another question (sorry!) what about the existing stock pump and the elbow in the compartment. How can the eheim compact fit in? Do I have to remove the existing pump? and elbow? Guess I've got a lot to learn. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Thanks again Yongshan for your very helpful advice. Another question (sorry!) what about the existing stock pump and the elbow in the compartment. How can the eheim compact fit in? Do I have to remove the existing pump? and elbow? Guess I've got a lot to learn. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

The eheim compact 1000 fits in just nicely, the elbow returns from the chiller to the tank.

So basically instead of the return pump going straight back into the tank, it will be going OUT of the tank, through the chiller, then back into the tank.

If you want I can try to get a photo of how I have mine piped.

The eheim compact 1000 fits in just nicely, the elbow returns from the chiller to the tank.

So basically instead of the return pump going straight back into the tank, it will be going OUT of the tank, through the chiller, then back into the tank.

Hi Fuzzy,

It would be great if you could get a photo for me. It would be clearer. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

can I have a photo of your piping also? Will be great if you can post it in this forum so that everyone can learn from it.

Thanks!

Clueless