Help - Catching Fish

dolphbox

Anyone got any good way to catch fish in tank.

I got a false gamma that need to take out of the tank, but is simplily to difficult to net it out of the tank.

Is that any other way? i read about using betta box to trap... how it work? can explain? what kind of betta box?

Thanks

• SRC Member
Anyone got any good way to catch fish in tank.

I got a false gamma that need to take out of the tank, but is simplily to difficult to net it out of the tank.

Is that any other way? i read about using betta box to trap... how it work? can explain? what kind of betta box?

Thanks

Bro,

I have the same problem as you few years back. Same fish somemore... You can look at the thread...for some references..

Works for me..

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...=davidluvfishes

• SRC Member
Bro,

I have the same problem as you few years back. Same fish somemore... You can look at the thread...for some references..

Works for me..

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...=davidluvfishes

just realised my thread did not provide the solution..

What I did was to make a fish trap. I use a 500ml ice mountain bottle and cut the bottle ard 3/4 from the bottom. Then I invert the top and tie the pieces together..and then tie the trap to a string. Next put some bait in it and place the trap near where the fish always hands out...

The fish will be lured and swim in through the small bottle hole and will have difficult to find its exit to swim out.. Of cos, you need to keep a constant look out and slowly pull the trap out of the water with your catch... :eyebrow:

just realised my thread did not provide the solution..

What I did was to make a fish trap. I use a 500ml ice mountain bottle and cut the bottle ard 3/4 from the bottom. Then I invert the top and tie the pieces together..and then tie the trap to a string. Next put some bait in it and place the trap near where the fish always hands out...

The fish will be lured and swim in through the small bottle hole and will have difficult to find its exit to swim out.. Of cos, you need to keep a constant look out and slowly pull the trap out of the water with your catch... :eyebrow:

Thanks, i will go make one trap tml.. dunno the fish will be stupid enough to bait it?

How long did your fish take to swim inside the trap?

• SRC Member
Thanks, i will go make one trap tml.. dunno the fish will be stupid enough to bait it?

How long did your fish take to swim inside the trap?

It may not go in for the first few times but it will swim around as it sees food in it.. but you have to watch out as other fishes may go in too.. Best to secure 1 area when this fish always hangs out. Mine took ard 20-30 mins to enter the trap.. but my ex- fish may not be as smart as yours.. Good luck.. Do update again ..

• SRC Member

I put some pallets and one small pieces of market prawn.. i keep watching... the fish hover around the entence.

[/quote

Try not to put pallets..little effect once it sinks to the bottom of container... I usually will feed my fishes with mysis and brine shrimps, so what I did previously was to dump 1/2 cube of each into the trap and it was lured into the trap... unless you always feed your fishes with market prawn..