worm that spits

• SRC Member

ive been reefing for coming to 5 years already.

however, this is the first time i encounter a worm resembles millipede which am sure alot are familiar.

i was admiring my tank when suddenly saw a huge gush of whitish cloud splurt out from a hole. i looked close and saw that worm emerge from the rock and splurt whitish fluid right out, in front of my eyes. THEN what happened puzzled me..a few more of smaller size emerge turn by turn and did the same thing haha

it caused my tank to turn slightly white as if when i do my 'top-up' from iwarna.

this is really weird and anyone able to enlighten me on this species will be helpful. I am not treating this as a danger to my LS as my tank have been with me for a long time and LS are living well.

I have LPS & softies, plants, anemone, tang, squirrel, shrimps, brittles & bumblebees, 6inch & 5inch angels all living harmoniously.

when got chance will try to upload my tank pix in the tank pix section. nothing special though.

thanks for your read :)