comycus

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
I am still waiting patiently for my reefpack... tank collected 1 month liao still sitting there collecting dust.

My girl keep asking me.... Daddy, how come no water huh? :P

(sorry really OT :off: )

haha yeah reefpack seldom in stock hor? Why don't you cycle first? don't really need your skimmer when cycling your tank. At least for the first 2 weeks...

Actully 2 schools of thought la, but since you already have the rest of your stuff, no harm starting first w/o skimmer :) Just setup those cheap plastic basket with holes on top of your tank and fill with filter floss, pump up water for mechanical filtering n u can start cycling :) cheap cheap diy

• SRC Member
Hey comy, no FTS?

post an updated one leh.

my fts?? aiyor... paiseh la :paiseh:

nothing to show... coral so little, fish so little...

but algae many many! hahaa tt's why u see my shots always got crop one... coz one side may look nice nice, but the otherside got all those hair algae sticking out... lol

haha yeah reefpack seldom in stock hor? Why don't you cycle first? don't really need your skimmer when cycling your tank. At least for the first 2 weeks...

Actully 2 schools of thought la, but since you already have the rest of your stuff, no harm starting first w/o skimmer :) Just setup those cheap plastic basket with holes on top of your tank and fill with filter floss, pump up water for mechanical filtering n u can start cycling :) cheap cheap diy

Gettting some rock from Sisreefer + live sand...... I do not think there will be any cycling period :)

The other thing, I am still considering whether to leave the chiller outside the cabinet.

Think it will have a longer lifespan that way not more clutter outside. Wife might complain.....

Also I would prefer to put all the pumps/ skimmer in place first before filling in the water to minimize the possibility of wetting the floor.

Slowly build up the reef lor, this is a lifetime hobby. Do it too fast, then nothing much to play around already.

OOI just realize this your tank thread hor.... not mine ROFL... paiseh paiseh...

Should capture your FTS from time to time then you can see the difference over time....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
Gettting some rock from Sisreefer + live sand...... I do not think there will be any cycling period :)

there is no such thing as no cycling period... transfer of life sand and live rock will surely result in some die off. causing ammonia etc etc. also, water conditions are different, so the delicate life in liverocks might die. in any case, there should be cycling. its jsut a matter of how fast or slow. some people cycle within days or weeks, some up to a month.

there is no such thing as no cycling period... transfer of life sand and live rock will surely result in some die off. causing ammonia etc etc. also, water conditions are different, so the delicate life in liverocks might die. in any case, there should be cycling. its jsut a matter of how fast or slow. some people cycle within days or weeks, some up to a month.

Sisreefer stays next to my block so journey is about 5 mins. Die offs will be minimum.

livesand is the argonite black sand.

hmmm maybe you are right but I am expecting just a couple hours cycling or days max.

anyway i will be monitoring the water conditions closely each day to see how high the spikes are.

We will know during that phase.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
OOI just realize this your tank thread hor.... not mine ROFL... paiseh paiseh...

Should capture your FTS from time to time then you can see the difference over time....

lol I was reading your thread n mine at the same time, so I thought I was reading yours when I was actually reading mine!

(what a sentence eh? :P)

but yeah... tt's a good point... I will try to take a fts later tonight then. maybe clean the glass before I take. haha

• SRC Supporter

cycling will always be needed, but its the matter of how long to cycle.

if its used before black sand how thick was the sand bed and how long it have beem used?

the toxic hidden under the sand can be very very deadly. the parameters are just a guide. sometimes there wun be anyspike.

if u are using on ur nano tank, the min spike is enough to wipe out your entire tank.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

okie, finally got my butt to take some shots

updates on my purchases made over the week...

I have 2 orange rics now, actually got a blue one too, but tt one's partially hidden, so unable to get a clear view of it. Hopefully when it opens bigger can get a good shot.

post-16489-1254406473_thumb.jpgpost-16489-1254406462_thumb.jpg

Looking for more exotic colours now! :)

• SRC Member

Of course! Fishes coming up! Royal Gamma Basslet. Other than alittle bit of white spots the first night I put in, this guy has shrugged it off and looks real menacing with the 'scar' across his eyes. I like the colours in this shot :)

post-16489-1254407340_thumb.jpg

managed to snap a quick shot of her before she dove into the sandbed to hide... won't be seeing her for the next 1-2 days i guess...

the colours!!!! wooh!

he looks so cute.... nice addition.