anyone know how to repair chiller fan?

legendz1987

• SRC Member
hi guys, i think i know the problem.. shld be the chiller fan spoil.. does anyone knows how to repair chiller fan for resun CL650?

thanks.. my number is 9671 9631

I think it is better for you to check with the agent if they can repair the chiller for you before you get other people to repair it for you. The agent should be:

Span Aquarium Pte Ltd

117 Tyrwhitt Road

Singapore 207546

Tel: +65 6348 5930

Fax: +65 62976420

Email: support@aqua.span.com.sg

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

I think it is better for you to check with the agent if they can repair the chiller for you before you get other people to repair it for you. The agent should be:

Span Aquarium Pte Ltd

117 Tyrwhitt Road

Singapore 207546

Tel: +65 6348 5930

Fax: +65 62976420

Email: support@aqua.span.com.sg

thanks so much bro

• SRC Member
hi guys, i think i know the problem.. shld be the chiller fan spoil.. does anyone knows how to repair chiller fan for resun CL650?

thanks.. my number is 9671 9631

How do you know for sure it's the fan now? As for repair, depends on the damage, if the fan is broken, then replace.

For repair, I believe I told you to contact derrick from pacific coo yesterday. You should google such things yourself and not keep asking repeatedly for people to handfeed you the information :)

Google "pacific coo chiller" I think it's the 3rd or 4th result.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

How do you know for sure it's the fan now? As for repair, depends on the damage, if the fan is broken, then replace.

For repair, I believe I told you to contact derrick from pacific coo yesterday. You should google such things yourself and not keep asking repeatedly for people to handfeed you the information :)

Google "pacific coo chiller" I think it's the 3rd or 4th result.

huh bro? since when u ask me to contact derrick from pacific coo? i only ask u if is it worth buying the chiller? and i called the service man, told him the prob, and confirm that is the fan faulty, so need to ask for advice on how to repair the fan ma.. :)

• SRC Member

Oh, I thought I replied you in the PM you sent me last night. If I didn't then my apologies, I was replying thru my cell phone, can't really see if I typed correctly.

Since you called the repairman, then he should know how to repair the fan mah. My point is, repairing a chiller is not like taking a screw driver poke here poke there then "tadaa!". I doubt many of us here have the skills to weld a worn out fan or something like that.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Oh, I thought I replied you in the PM you sent me last night. If I didn't then my apologies, I was replying thru my cell phone, can't really see if I typed correctly.

Since you called the repairman, then he should know how to repair the fan mah. My point is, repairing a chiller is not like taking a screw driver poke here poke there then "tadaa!". I doubt many of us here have the skills to weld a worn out fan or something like that.

haha.. no prob bro.. no need to apologies, small matter only.. nothing serious.. and u gave me advice too :) .. anyway i got a chiller from bro Anthony so yup... will use it for the time being.. :) upon seeing his 6 ft tank.. makes me drool .hehe

cheers everyone and thanks for all the help

• SRC Member

bro, how u confirm the fan spoilt?

if say ur chiller connected, and compressor is able to kick in when necessary, but fan not turning, then confirm fan spoil.

cos fan just acts as a blower to draw out hot air, by right nothing else spoil ur chiller then kicking in.

so just strip out the fan, bring it down to sim lim level 3, 1 of the shops i think at the corner, get replacement fan then connect back.

the wiring inside pretty simple.

cos i just repaired mine =)

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

bro, how u confirm the fan spoilt?

if say ur chiller connected, and compressor is able to kick in when necessary, but fan not turning, then confirm fan spoil.

cos fan just acts as a blower to draw out hot air, by right nothing else spoil ur chiller then kicking in.

so just strip out the fan, bring it down to sim lim level 3, 1 of the shops i think at the corner, get replacement fan then connect back.

the wiring inside pretty simple.

cos i just repaired mine =)

ic.. thanks bro :) will try to go sim lim and search for the fan :) thanks for the info:)