Help ID

• SRC Member

Hi, I'm a newbie.

Can someone help me ID this, looks like a polyp but not sure. It's spreading quite fast. The base looks like "jelly" and light purple in color, and it has pipes with the same color when retracted. When out, the stems and "flower" is lime green in color, though the others especially new ones are still light purple (or lavender) in color. Sorry the colors are not that clear in the pic. Thanks.

post-17191-1254902317_thumb.jpg

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
star polyps.

Thanks. I've read that these are highly aggressive, and that " This is one of those corals that some hobbyist regret ever putting in their tank" . That true ? anything i should be careful or know about this polyp ? Thanks again.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• Senior Reefer
Thanks. I've read that these are highly aggressive, and that " This is one of those corals that some hobbyist regret ever putting in their tank" . That true ? anything i should be careful or know about this polyp ? Thanks again.

from wetwebmedia? what they mean is, they grow out of control once established, and they spread really fast. it is however, easy to remove by peeling them off the rocks.

• SRC Member
from wetwebmedia? what they mean is, they grow out of control once established, and they spread really fast. it is however, easy to remove by peeling them off the rocks.

yup ... ok tgood to know, thanks for the info :eyebrow:

25 Gal Micro Ocean