bout LED resistor

stevenkoh08

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. These are the constant driver from Meanwell. if u need more info on them, u probably want to refer to the this thread in nano-reef.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183692

Lots on discussions.

Cheers

JC

Sorry, I am not a technical guy. It seems that the power supply is running on AC. Do you have to get another adpater to drive the power supply? Why not get a DC LED driver from Sim Lim tower?

The LEDs need DC. Our home power supply are on AC. Thus u need a AC-DC converter + DC constant driver (power adapter+ buckpuck) or a AC - DC converter that have build in constant driver like those from Meanwell.

Cheers

JC

I understand Sim Lim is selling a direct driver from power supply and output to LED. No adapter required. Therefore you save the money on buying adapter. However, it can only supports to max 13 watt. Not sure this info will help those who want to DIY. In addition, if you buy in bulk, price can be neg.

Hi Bro (orsony) as for the Sim Lim that they're selling all indeed are a\c-c\c but it not a constant current that wat we need to drive the LED and they don't even have the spec to show

Meanwell all also AC-DC also and with built in PFC and constant current driver which means just one unit will do the trick if buy without PFC then u need to add a resistor in frt of the + side which i learn recently

PFC= it'll supply with a voltage and current which the LED requirer then u go and adjust it manually or add resistor save alot of work but pay more abit

Is there a timer that can be used in ur configuration?

JC

ya there's a timer that what most of us use in a 3pin plug type means u can adjust it manually anytime u want i've open up and chk already it can be mod from my poijnt of view but then there's another way is that i get a lower wattage driver for each 6 LEDs cost more but it less stress to the driver if all in one.n So now on the enquiry for the 30watt type cause need the amp per driver is 1.2-1.6 voltage around 13v to make up 666.7ma singel led current