Where to buy DI resin

yooyoo99

Can try Nature Aquarium in Balestier also.

I've been staring at my expended Crystal pro cartridges to figure out how I can open it non-destructively.

What system are you using for DI?

Contact details.

Nature Aquarium (Nature, NA)

Blk 1, Thomson Road, #01-340, Balestier Hill Shopping Centre, Singapore 300001

Contact Person: Mr Chan

Tel: 6255 6051

Hours: Mondays to Saturdays opened till 8pm, Sundays till 5.30pm

yah can give them a call, if I recall correctly it was around $10 for a bag (by my estimation about 300 - 500g of resin) More than enough to refill 1 Crystal Pro DI cartridge.

Seems like they superglued the cartridge shut to prevent refilling though, and I don't think using solvents on the cartridge would be a good idea.

Any bros have managed to refill their crystal pro DI Cartridges care to share how you did it?

• SRC Member
How about putting the DI resin (in a mesh bag) in an internal filter and putting the filter in a bucket of tap water? You can let the filter run until TDS = 0 and process large ammounts to tap water that way with minimal hassle.

Good idea but how much DI resin can an internal filter hold?

• Like 1

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Oh well, depends on which internal filter you buy.. get a large, cheap one, you need functionality, not reliability. A good sized internal filter will hold about mabye 1/2 or 3/4 of what a crystal pro DI unit will hold? Do note that i have to tried it out myself. You can always replace the resin when it runs out. This is just an idea i happened to think about AFTER i bought my crystal pro DI unit. Sad. could have saved...

• SRC Member
Article on DIY re-charging of spent DI resin. I wonder if any bros here have done this DIY...
  • Like 1

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)