Craftsman's 150 gallon/567 litre Tank (4ftx2ftx2.5ft)

craftsman

• SRC Member
if your precious fishes go MIA and u cant find it. than found out after weeks that its in your overflow and badly injured/starved to death. by than u will be regretting why you cant see the inside of overflow earlier.

May be enjoying itself in the overflow EATing the uneaten food without any compettion. Its holiday camp...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your precious fishes go MIA and u cant find it. than found out after weeks that its in your overflow and badly injured/starved to death. by than u will be regretting why you cant see the inside of overflow earlier.

ahhh... I finally understand. Will have to think how to prevent the scenario you just described.

• SRC Member
ahhh... I finally understand. Will have to think how to prevent the scenario you just described.

What Reddevilz meant was if you have eos, coz u wun be able to really peer in to check for fishes. But it's a good tip to check ure overflow from time to time for missing fishes

• SRC Member
As long as the rocks sit on the sand and aren't elevated, you will need to direct some flow there or it will become dead spot. Egg crate in sand doesn't do much...

u better be around to help me aquascape lol.

sorry TS to hijack yr post.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

As long as the rocks sit on the sand and aren't elevated, you will need to direct some flow there or it will become dead spot. Egg crate in sand doesn't do much...

got it.. i understand now. we're talking about water flow... ok. Hmmm.. will take note of that. Thanks guys...

Decided that a little more rock would make the scape nicer, so I headed out to the LFS to get some. Came back and did a slight rescape... ended up with this..

Angled from the right side..

4105725216_f611aec3e4_b.jpg

From the left front

4105724990_a595926625_b.jpg

Angled from the bottom up. You can see that there are lots of nooks and crannies for the fishes to swim.

4105725888_3a1e41c540_b.jpg

Some closer shots at the rocks.

4105725598_59d1f9bf1b_b.jpg

4104957941_b751f0fedf_b.jpg

WOW ..nice scape, btw you tank come wif the top cover ?

wow I missed this thread while in HKG.

Nice setup Craft and welcome to the family :)

I literally read through each page ..... so exciting to see new tanks.

PS: I used to have a tank in the balcony and the overflow compartment ended up being an algae scrubber naturally.

It was really cool.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

wow I missed this thread while in HKG.

Nice setup Craft and welcome to the family :)

I literally read through each page ..... so exciting to see new tanks.

PS: I used to have a tank in the balcony and the overflow compartment ended up being an algae scrubber naturally.

It was really cool.

Thanks Jacky! :rolleyes: The tank currently doesn't get direct sunlight, but I'm getting an awning built over the tank soon to prevent rain or even any potential direct sunlight (through seasonal movement of the sun) soon.

Thanks Jacky! :rolleyes: The tank currently doesn't get direct sunlight, but I'm getting an awning built over the tank soon to prevent rain or even any potential direct sunlight (through seasonal movement of the sun) soon.

hmmm mine was not under direct sunlight too.

But since you had a fresh water tank there before, you should know best.

Keep more pics coming and what other toys are you getting?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

hmmm mine was not under direct sunlight too.

But since you had a fresh water tank there before, you should know best.

Keep more pics coming and what other toys are you getting?

Ha ha ha... you're right Jacky. I'm expecting an algae bloom soon, which is what I faced with the fresh water, until the parameters stabilised. :) No more toys already....i hope. ha ha ha ha

• SRC Supporter
Didn't like that I'd have to configure and control the multi controller form a laptop. :mellow: Preference, I guess...

ic, but the 7096 is much easier with exact figures and more convinent+cheaper.

7095 photocell fails easily and its difficult to repair it.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

Ha ha ha... you're right Jacky. I'm expecting an algae bloom soon, which is what I faced with the fresh water, until the parameters stabilised. :) No more toys already....i hope. ha ha ha ha

hmmmm I know your breed..... definitely more toys to come ..... :evil:

Your cabinet is not sitting on the whole base? Supported by 4 legs? Thought it will be better to distribute out the weight..

ummm no lah.

For most tanks, the support is from the main legs structure only. could be 4 could be 6.

those are the beams carrying the weight.