Kimkim's pico tank(5G) log

kimkim23

• SRC Member
it could be called white bait too.

They are hardly available in my neighbourhood supermarkets.

It is usually available but most times they are prepacked and you have to look in the prepacked fish section.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is usually available but most times they are prepacked and you have to look in the prepacked fish section.

??? you stay in my neighbourhood arh? @#$#$^!$%5

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
doremon peter can post a picture for me to have a better idea wat to look for at the supermarkets? :rolleyes:

Look something like ikan bilis but not fried lah... :eyebrow:

Something like this photo...

8Inland_silverside_Menidia_beryllina.jpg

The link below shows the Hikari frozen silverside fish.

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/35/d3/c...&r=1&d=

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
??? you stay in my neighbourhood arh? @#$#$^!$%5

No lah but NTUC normally have leh. I also see it at Carrefour, sometimes at Giant and nearly always at NTUC Extra. :eyebrow:

Dun ask me about Sheng Shiong, Econ mini mart or Prime Supermart as I almost never go to these places... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Hmmm my house there nearest is shop & save..aaa local LFS nv sell the hikari ones har?

u try shop and save first lor. Not sure if Hikari got the silverfish or not here. Normally I see only brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, blood worm etc.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
u try shop and save first lor. Not sure if Hikari got the silverfish or not here. Normally I see only brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, blood worm etc.

hikari has but not sure if the LFS bring them or sell them...

supermarkets are still the cheaper alternative...

both sizes are pretty big bags unless u would like to buy off the wet market at a small portion... or drop by mossrope house and get some free frags along the way

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

hikari has but not sure if the LFS bring them or sell them...

supermarkets are still the cheaper alternative...

both sizes are pretty big bags unless u would like to buy off the wet market at a small portion... or drop by mossrope house and get some free frags along the way

haha free silverfin + coral frags? :eyebrow: Wheres my GSP!!#^#$@%

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
haha free silverfin + coral frags? :eyebrow: Wheres my GSP!!#^#$@%

its still here.. encrusted with red algae... GG

Did weekly maintainence today, i finally got my silverfish from ntuc today..'pinky' was happy eating it today ..but my E.B hermit went to pull it out of its mouth...then after tat put my hermit in the breeder box..and the nxt moment my orange hermit oso did the same thing..#@$#@$!#

Had to change the position of my clam again..nearly topple my whole rockscape..peng...the hill became a platus liao..doink...oh well at least i now suddenly got extra space for more zoas liao..hurhurhur

did the weekly dosing and every1 looked happy, zoas opened quite alot today except for the usual problem RPEs..oh well...

Realised my blue sponge oso grew alot..form tiny size until i can say its small now instead..haha.. =p

Oh ya..the silverfin packing outside says to be consumed within 3 days and not to be re freezed...er.. so how do u all recommend to store it har?i put in a tupperware with some water inside it now, not didnt put in the freezer compartment..looks like gonna chop the silverfins before feeding my baby anemone nxt time..today gave it whole piece it cant finish..in the end my hermits had a great time instead haha..

i happen to come upon a great site for rose anemone oso..share with everyone --> http://www.karensroseanemones.com/index.html

Oh well a FTS for today's hardwork..

IMG_6335.jpg

FTS 23 Feb 2010 :wub:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member

You can refreeze the silver fish. No problem and you can keep it for a long time when frozen... :P

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Good job. Seems like u got quite some zoas collection too.

The tank looks like they can do with some more LR to scape up. Let me know if u b

need. I've got some spare rocks.

He needs mini mini rocks....

you sure you have?

Thomas, go get some small small pieces.

then design a nice scape and glue them up.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

He needs mini mini rocks....

you sure you have?

Thomas, go get some small small pieces.

then design a nice scape and glue them up.

I'm quite sure I have. I've got half a pail of rocks that are about fist size. Give me a pm. Eniram comin over on wed night. You can pop by too. I hope the live rocks will still be "live" then. Should have enuff to form a good scape on ur pico. :)

but I don't hve epoxy, so u gotta go buy some. :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

ummm so you just left everything on the sand bed? :P

haha hannor bro,new rics from peter are on the sandbed..sometimes quite mafun..tigger will actualli putt them in..but then after awhile if he ok then wont pull in..recently my black occ oso hosting it so its kindna protecting the carribian ric from tigger so it wont do stunt and bring it back home..haha ^_^

I'm quite sure I have. I've got half a pail of rocks that are about fist size. Give me a pm. Eniram comin over on wed night. You can pop by too. I hope the live rocks will still be "live" then. Should have enuff to form a good scape on ur pico. :)

but I don't hve epoxy, so u gotta go buy some. :)

Thanks for the offer bro, aaaa , i wanna scape up too.but u can see from my FTS that my prizm skimmer surface attachment is kindna blocking 1 large space, so kindna hard oso..i worried i put in more rocks then there will be deadspots..

now all rocks oso not epoxy..alamak if i do anything drastic i scare will topple everything..most afraid i will ganna my jawfish liao..let it be bah..loving it already, haha.. maybe 1 day i will js rescapre everything but not so soon

wait for the day i backside itchy buy too mani corals then need make space then say, wahahha ;)

My zoas collection are super tiny frags collected from everyone.. haha..prefer cham cham then 1 big piece..haha..not that i got space of course :P

Oh ya a update,after feeding my pink anemone silverfins, its regaining its bulbs liao..happy..guess i can nurse it back after all liao.

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member

buy my whole tankset to upgrade then i can upgrade also.

i need to hunt for an anemone now.

since my gigantea attempted to split and failed.. should be a stress split.

moved some corals and my tank looks pretty empty now without it.

when free?.. CF LCK lets go.

buy my whole tankset to upgrade then i can upgrade also.

i need to hunt for an anemone now.

since my gigantea attempted to split and failed.. should be a stress split.

moved some corals and my tank looks pretty empty now without it.

when free?.. CF LCK lets go.

pls lor want me take over yr tankset but nv show any pics since i know u till now...fainz <_<

Bought some new purchases from GO last week but only the brain i bought was ok.. GSP opened 1 noon the nxt moment closed..till today havent opened zzz..pink alveopora i bought oso melted.seibei sianz..

did some minor shifting..but in the end move here move there..move back to the original places..zzz pull hair shifting..space is so restricted in my pico till my shoulder ache..

Collected my ric from dan today gonna paste on some coral chip tmr..oh jacky if u see this post,tmr bring 1 for me k when u come over collect yr ric?i need some 1 more coral chip. :thanks:

Seen mani nice rics from every1's thread from iwarna..alamak.. sad i missed tat shipment :cry::cry2:

My anemone climbed up to the back of my tank glass lor..wanna feed it silverfin js now oso had prob...doink..in the end sprayed some liquid food onto it and hope it feeds..

can i remove it from the glass and put in my breeder box to nurse it mah har?

Gonna decide on whether to make 1 yuma/ric garden beside my zoa garden in the nxt few mths..but will have to put some of the corals up for sales then.. oh well.. see how bah...

Wished i had a bigger tank so at least my long arms can at least stretched abit haha... :rolleyes:

IMG_6336.jpg

Well heres my lumo yellow Brain..

Too bad didnt got to take a pic of my GSP before it closed and my dead pink alveo..

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Thomas, dun use coral chip. I tried but its not very good.

BTW, since your pico is so small, I suggest instead of having assortment, maybe just stick with either zoas or rics/ yumas.

Maybe it will look nicer. just some food for thoughts. even a pico tank full of GSP only can look nice.

I need to head out to CF tml too to look at LR. Mossrope, if you and thomas going, give me a heads up.

Can do with a lift.

Thomas, dun use coral chip. I tried but its not very good.

BTW, since your pico is so small, I suggest instead of having assortment, maybe just stick with either zoas or rics/ yumas.

Maybe it will look nicer. just some food for thoughts. even a pico tank full of GSP only can look nice.

I need to head out to CF tml too to look at LR. Mossrope, if you and thomas going, give me a heads up.

Can do with a lift.

hannor bro..maybe shd keep things simple..

oh coz if i dont put coral chip i scare my jawfish later cause havoc and i cant move my ric with ease.althougth recently he still quite guai hmmm.. :rolleyes:

IMG_6343.jpg

Can i check with all wat color this ric is considered?

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Great news,my Gsp finally opened after switching its position to the outflow of my skimmer..yuppy.here are some humble pics. :wub:

IMG_6357.jpg

alas opened GSP..after a week :wacko:

IMG_6354.jpg

New rics..blue from peter,dropped out form its coral chip,

multi colored lombang dachkie de.glued it coz kept had the tendacy to fly off :pinch:

IMG_6371-Copy.jpg

i like the zoas which has multi 5 colors..donno wats its ID though.

From steven bro, grown additional a few more polys. :rolleyes:

IMG_6373-Copy.jpg

top down view of my zoa hill...hmm distorted coz of the angle of the pic taken. :snore:

IMG_6358-Copy.jpgIMG_6368-Copy.jpg

& the latest FTSs :fear:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member

Nice tank... :D

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: