Kimkim's pico tank(5G) log

kimkim23

Haha. not at the moment bro..would hope to collect some more new corals these few days..and then wanna epoxy the rest of my corals up too.

Guess i'll post new pics after that..1 last missing equipment shd be mind LED light bah.by then my pico shd be fully squeezed up and no more space liao..

i was hoping to rescape abit but decided against it..coz of 'tigger', see him so settled now.dont wanna do anything too drastic to his home oso :pinch:

Shall put a halt soon to the shopping coz will be going hdb nxt mth pick a unit for my successful application..after that gonna think about marriage..wedding bands..reno..alamak alot la..

Further Studies oso dont dare to realli consider for now..wished i could change job oso..but oso not very long in it..job so hard to find without qualification..sign...thats life.. well... :eyeblur:

Anyway of course i realised 1 thing..its sibei hard to quit shopping entirely 1 la for this hobby... :angel:

Hey Thomas, grats! Seems like you will be entering another phase of your life soon.

Yeah save up more for your new place, wedding bangquet etc.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Haha. not at the moment bro..would hope to collect some more new corals these few days..and then wanna epoxy the rest of my corals up too.

Guess i'll post new pics after that..1 last missing equipment shd be mind LED light bah.by then my pico shd be fully squeezed up and no more space liao..

i was hoping to rescape abit but decided against it..coz of 'tigger', see him so settled now.dont wanna do anything too drastic to his home oso :pinch:

Shall put a halt soon to the shopping coz will be going hdb nxt mth pick a unit for my successful application..after that gonna think about marriage..wedding bands..reno..alamak alot la..

Further Studies oso dont dare to realli consider for now..wished i could change job oso..but oso not very long in it..job so hard to find without qualification..sign...thats life.. well... :eyeblur:

Anyway of course i realised 1 thing..its sibei hard to quit shopping entirely 1 la for this hobby... :angel:

wow u got a good queue #? congrats!

sigh... all the $$ involved really v. stressful...

• SRC Member

wow...still collecting corals... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Supporter

Haha.. yeah. Congrats to your new flat.... I had balloted 8 times n still got none!!!! :angry2: :angry2:

Well, I also try to stop shopping for new corals, but then its almost CNY, so no harm get some red red stuff to decorate the tank... hahaha....

: )

Thank all bros for the congratz! yey the house wasnt realli expected to ganna de.coz i ballot tiong bahru sia..hot hot...its my 2nd try, my 1st try sengkang i oso ganna but i rejected due to the location barrier which i cannot overcome..too mafun la..still wish to stay more central as last time i stayed in tanjong pagar de.. jiayou bah mitlancer bro!keep on trying.. i kindna take the house balloting as a sign..coz i oso not super want a flat..but "up there" very nice to me keep giving me all these luck..guess realli is an omen to me liao..time to settle down...gonna save and save..shrimp and shrimp!

er.. wat are some pico red corals u guys can reco har?seems not a bad idea to have some red in my tank..haha HUAT HUAT AH! :D

But my tank realli all filled up liao lor.maybe gonna try get some tiny rocks from bros here to heighten my seascape...then maybe can squeeze in some more corals..

My tank got 2 fishes only but i feel so happy seeing them everytime i reach home walking into my room and see them at the front staring at me with their cute eyes..lolz :wub:

Should be getting my last batches of corals soon and oso my LED light.shall post some pics till then of my humble tiny tank.

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Thank all bros for the congratz! yey the house wasnt realli expected to ganna de.coz i ballot tiong bahru sia..hot hot...its my 2nd try, my 1st try sengkang i oso ganna but i rejected due to the location barrier which i cannot overcome..too mafun la..still wish to stay more central as last time i stayed in tanjong pagar de.. jiayou bah mitlancer bro!keep on trying.. i kindna take the house balloting as a sign..coz i oso not super want a flat..but "up there" very nice to me keep giving me all these luck..guess realli is an omen to me liao..time to settle down...gonna save and save..shrimp and shrimp!

er.. wat are some pico red corals u guys can reco har?seems not a bad idea to have some red in my tank..haha HUAT HUAT AH! :D

But my tank realli all filled up liao lor.maybe gonna try get some tiny rocks from bros here to heighten my seascape...then maybe can squeeze in some more corals..

My tank got 2 fishes only but i feel so happy seeing them everytime i reach home walking into my room and see them at the front staring at me with their cute eyes..lolz :wub:

Should be getting my last batches of corals soon and oso my LED light.shall post some pics till then of my humble tiny tank.

RED: cocoworm, blastos, zoas, red mushrooms - thats all i can think off.

The other experts can chime in when they read this

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
RED: cocoworm, blastos, zoas, red mushrooms - thats all i can think off.

The other experts can chime in when they read this

Acans also got red ones...in fact most corals got red colour variations... :whistle

You never mention gonio... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Acans also got red ones...in fact most corals got red colour variations... :whistle

You never mention gonio... :eyebrow:

in his pico??

dun wan lah...ppl need to buy house, renovate, buy furniture, book banquet, prepare for dowry......

easily 200k over.

• SRC Member
in his pico??

dun wan lah...ppl need to buy house, renovate, buy furniture, book banquet, prepare for dowry......

easily 200k over.

If he like and can afford ok wat... :eyebrow:

U sell him yours lor... :P

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

If he like and can afford ok wat... :eyebrow:

U sell him yours lor... :P

True... paiseh paiseh.

A lot of insanely rich ppl on this forum.

Still a gonio will be too big for his pico!

True... paiseh paiseh.

A lot of insanely rich ppl on this forum.

Still a gonio will be too big for his pico!

ya later the gonio bloom become a ball in my pico :upsidedown:

jacky yr gonio in yr tank cost u alot har? :whistle

i got red coco worm.but that day it dropped out form its tube.so now its beside some rocks.but still ok la.haha but very close to the sandbed now.

wow bro need until 200k mah?o.O" not counting, or counting the house ?fainz~

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member

i got red coco worm.but that day it dropped out form its tube.so now its beside some rocks.but still ok la.haha but very close to the sandbed now.

If the coco worm drop from its tube, wat u do is to get a tupperware container, fill it with your tank water, take the coco worm and insert the end of the coco worm (not the feather end) into the tube and leave it in the tupperware container. Normally within about 1 hour it will go back into its tube.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Yah my gonio cost quite a lot.

Got Cuthroat again by XX.

200k counting the house...

but a good portion can recover from banquet wan lah.

REno cost depends on what you want.

furniture also have low end to high end.

then your new tank budget leh?

hehe...

100 - 150k will be sufficient perhaps.

• SRC Member
Yah my gonio cost quite a lot.

Got Cuthroat again by XX.

200k counting the house...

but a good portion can recover from banquet wan lah.

REno cost depends on what you want.

furniture also have low end to high end.

then your new tank budget leh?

hehe...

100 - 150k will be sufficient perhaps.

House mainly from CPF lah. Banquet cost can recover from Ang Pows collected. Reno maybe 20k to 50k depending on wat you want in your house.

Tank depends on size and also wat type of corals u want to put in. Go for the exotic and aussie corals will cost a bomb. :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Supporter

Wah, u super heng, I 8 times ballot all also those hot areas and my best q number was 270+ for just 17 units at Clementi!!!! &*(%#$%^

Never hav a chance to go for interview at HDB... sianz...

For pico, go for red mushrooms as they are hardy... Pico hard to control the water quality. Red zoas like red ppl eater, etc are nice collections too. :)

Since its pico, you can just settle with a small frag, so not very $$... I also have lime green monti to brighten up the pico.. u can always get a small frag.

Well, u gotta start planning your finance, wedding dinner (unless break even with ang bao) and renovation will be the killer. House still can use CPF, not so worrying. Good luck.

wat a day...*ytd* went hoot LFS with mossrope..went reborn,my 1st time there but i ganz suay today closed early..zz <_< .After that went SL.. bought a Red mandarin. THEN :ooh: suay suay donno wat the staffs did,the fish dropped on the floor then bobian decided to pick another 1..well not as nice as my intial choice but still not bad js that it aint tat active then the 1st 1.

After that went AM see see look look then moss lead us on to a "HorLan" bus lolz..hoot until tampiness take train,then we met up with Law to collect some corals we reserved with him.Got my blue yuma & mushrooms and some red people eaters.now my tank has some red ready for CNY haha :eyebrow: .Not forgetting to thank moss again for giving me his blue sponge haha..

Tmr going over steven there to see my LED lighting..finally a proper lighting after 1mth.SHall post pics soon when everything settled down..oh ya at 1st i put my red mandarin in the breeder box then somehow it escaped and went into my tank instead..doink :look: ..no way to catch it back liao guess will js hope he survive the nite.Tmr shall contact Jacky to get some processed pods for the fella.Have a feeling it wont be taking the henry's food which i have..

Tank full house lor! :P

Btw i threw away the tube which my feature duster was in sia..kaoz..will it grow a new tube?

Mitlancer: haha bro my quene num 300+ when theres 300+ units.. i hope by the time its my turn there will be gd 3room units left for me as i can only afford that size..tiong bahru flats frecking ex zzz..

jiayou bro!keep on throwing $10..cfm will dio soon de!My gf say she wants a big tank that we can see near our the door of our own place lor..wah piangz guess she donno it will be very ex if we custom it as a wall divder..haha well at least i know she dont mind me hooting a big 1 :D Think wedding bqt wont hold so fast bah..shall settle for a ROM recep 1st,nxt time got money then hold bqt.Reno and everything rest shall depend how much money we can save liao down the road :rolleyes:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
wat a day...*ytd* went hoot LFS with mossrope..went reborn,my 1st time there but i ganz suay today closed early..zz <_< .After that went SL.. bought a Red mandarin. THEN :ooh: suay suay donno wat the staffs did,the fish dropped on the floor then bobian decided to pick another 1..well not as nice as my intial choice but still not bad js that it aint tat active then the 1st 1.

After that went AM see see look look then moss lead us on to a "HorLan" bus lolz..hoot until tampiness take train,then we met up with Law to collect some corals we reserved with him.Got my blue yuma & mushrooms and some red people eaters.now my tank has some red ready for CNY haha :eyebrow: .Not forgetting to thank moss again for giving me his blue sponge haha..

Tmr going over steven there to see my LED lighting..finally a proper lighting after 1mth.SHall post pics soon when everything settled down..oh ya at 1st i put my red mandarin in the breeder box then somehow it escaped and went into my tank instead..doink :look: ..no way to catch it back liao guess will js hope he survive the nite.Tmr shall contact Jacky to get some processed pods for the fella.Have a feeling it wont be taking the henry's food which i have..

Btw i threw away the tube which my feature duster was in sia..kaoz..will it grow a new tube?

Mitlancer: haha bro my quene num 300+ when theres 300+ units.. i hope by the time its my turn there will be gd 3room units left for me as i can only afford that size..tiong bahru flats frecking ex zzz..

jiayou bro!keep on throwing $10..cfm will dio soon de!My gf say she wants a big tank that we can see near our the door of our own place lor..wah piangz guess she donno it will be very ex if we custom it as a wall divder..haha well at least i know she dont mind me hooting a big 1 :D Think wedding bqt wont hold so fast bah..shall settle for a ROM recep 1st,nxt time got money then hold bqt.Reno and everything rest shall depend how much money we can save liao down the road :rolleyes:

Grow new tube huh? Take a lagi long time if they ever grow another one... :whistle

Better luck for you to go to a LFS and ask if they got empty coco worm shells to give u... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Supporter

haha, wat a saturday for u... must be super tiring... i too got my RPE from Bro Law.

Can't wait to see your pico with the LEDs... :) I did my pico with LEDs too, but mine is the cheapo ones from SLT, DIY. haha...

Sigh, ya lor, those mature estate super hard to get.... I used to stayed near CMPB when I was very young, so now feel like staying back those area again, but seems like so super difficult. Just keep paying the HDB $10... %@#()%^, keep donating to them... haha.

Actually its a good idea for a divider tank, i too like this idea. You can dun get too huge one, a 4x1.5x1.5 is a good divider tank. Not too high or too deep in width. Just make the cabinet slightly higher to push up the tank to eye level. Keep it open and hang the light on the roof!!!! This will be my dream divider tank, which I dun think I can fulfill until my kids are bigger.....

Would certainly like to see someone who has one... :) Maybe u strike TOTO sole Gp 1 winner leh... then you have your budget liao... hahaha...

Thinking of selling my place and get a new one too.

If I do get a new one, I will set up a tank at the dinning table.

A long shallow L-shape tank that lean over 2 walls.

maybe a 72x10x10 inch

• SRC Member
Thinking of selling my place and get a new one too.

If I do get a new one, I will set up a tank at the dinning table.

A long shallow L-shape tank that lean over 2 walls.

maybe a 72x10x10 inch

Yeah. Go and buy a bungalow at Nassim hill after you sell your place... :eyebrow:

I think ur dimensions a bit wrong leh...should be 720x100x100 inch right??? :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Sibei sianz.. tonite wanted epoxy all my zoas then mission failed..zzz the last time i think i mix too fast..today i mix too long zzz. all my rocks that had the zoas wont stick..sibei sianz..fed up decided to take out all the epoxy i could and then placed on my zoa rocks without support liao..can only home i dont find them collapsing on my sandbed again like today after work..coz they are all on my flat rock thats 45 degrees and then there aint much space for me to manuver sibei siong ...cant find gd angle to place the frags against the rocks too.zzzshall try again this weekend b4 the WC.ANyway some pics to update the log bah..

IMG_6135.jpg

my rock climber hermit haha

IMG_6116.jpg

My sexy shrimp and green/purple yuma

IMG_6176.jpg

tigger's feeding moment

IMG_6198.jpg

blue sponge from bro mossrope

IMG_6199.jpg

nice blue yuma,1 of the current favourites now in my tank

IMG_6200.jpg

blue mushies..excuse the epoxy..bobian la i received it in mani pieces so had to glue all to 1 rock

IMG_6201.jpg

my suns opening big big coz of the epoxy which js went into the tank after my failed mission zzz

IMG_6202.jpg

ANyway can teach me how to paste small piece of monti?the epoxy i think i put too much donno the monti absorb the epoxy or wat sia ..u can see 2 on the right is the ganna poison de ,the right side is suay suay i hit it js now broke off part.

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

IMG_6203.jpg

Zoa garden?alamak almost all bor open fully except for the new RPEs i got recently

IMG_6204.jpg

my birdnests which lost quite abit of color haiz...

IMG_6207.jpg

My new red mandarin.. tried fed it processed pods..like nv eat 1 sia..got bless it will survive.

IMG_6211.jpg

pic of the new tankscape...

IMG_6212.jpg

My new LED lightset all tks to bro steven..alamak but kindna sad i cant use it yet coz theres no casing..haiz..gonna try make a custom casing for it..

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Wah Thomas,

your tank coming along very nicely. ** clap clap.

For small frag of zoas, I suggest you use glue gel.

Take the top piece of rock out, glue all the zoas frag on it. let it dry for 1 - 2 mins.

Then put the rock back inside. walah... done.

For SPS, I would only recommend montipora and radioactive.

These are quite hardy.

But still might be quite challenging in your pico.

For the sponge, once if you see it turning white, can throw away already.

corals suggestions:

get some rics and nice yumas.

Can also try getting blastos - various types of colours to choose from. can colour up your tank.

see if you can get gsp frag from somewhere.

Thanks for the compliment Jacky bro. Ya will like to add some nice pinky rics like yrs!got frags nxt time inform me keke. My gf don't like rics lolz she say looks like pimples later see Long will hae pimples haha. Anyway can anyone recommend some acrylic makers like Dama in the north side?wanna make a custom acrylic casing for my new led and shall use a glass bottom as advised by Steven bro as after long acrylic might turn yellow.

Heh kiko my suns are drug addicts. Smell epoxy sibei high lolz. Jacky u mentioned the glue to paste fraser are normal household ones or special ones from LFSs har?Maybe go c328 or aquastar look for it hmmm...

Mossrope told me the white thingy ard the sponge can resurrect !hee hoping for that to happen ;)

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...