What is my nitrate level

Vinoth

• SRC Member
if looking frm the top,the cap should be on...if looking from the side you must hold it against white background...have you used both medium and low range?

thanks. U mean i have to close the test vial with the cap and view from the top?

• SRC Member

The 3 minutes waiting time thingy always puts me off.

After adding all the stuff, I put it away and forget to check 3 minutes later, and everything is all 100 mg/l. Scared the heck out of me.

Then I realized the thing gets darker as time passes. :lol:

• SRC Member
Just confused. Coz my tetra test kit always show > 100 mg/l. Later i seen on the box..divide total by 4.4.

I'm a little confuse with this too. Here's what's on the box. Would appreciate it if anyone expert could clarify. Thanks in advance. :)

"N.B. The Tetratest NO3- Kit measures total nitrate ion (NO3-) concentration. To obtain the value for Nitrate-Nitrogen concentration in mg/l, the value obtained with the kit should be divided by 4.4."

if looking frm the top,the cap should be on...if looking from the side you must hold it against white background...have you used both medium and low range?

Eh?...first time i hear of ppl reading it with the cap on... :blink:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/