6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member
What you can do for the sediment is to go buy a RO cylinder and place a 5 micro cartridge filter block inside ... your water will improve tremendously ... that is what I did for my current tank...

this is interesting. i do have a stupid Tap water conditioner which i'm not sure if i can find the quitable membrane.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

this is interesting. i do have a stupid Tap water conditioner which i'm not sure if i can find the quitable membrane.

If yours is those cylinder type then I think the size is quite standard ... the 5 micro cartridge cost about 9 bucks .... you can buy from IMM or any hardware shop selling toilet accessories. Mime was also quite primitive ... got it from my inlaw since they bought it from malaysia and wanted to throw since they never use it as they found it too ugly.... ... :D You can drive an external pump to it.. so the suction is greater ... it is very useful for vaccuming all those dirts in the water column and the other side you can blow up any detritus build up in the rocks.

• SRC Member

You are using RO unit in your setup right ! Those cylinder used for holding the filter cartridge can be bought for about 35 bucks ... though mime is a primitive set ... then you go and buy the filter cartrigde inside ... the filter is only 5 micro ..

Then get an external pump connect to the input of the cartridge and the output pump back to your tank.... so you create a closed loop .. one side suction goes thru your pump and then your filter and back to you tank... this end can use as a blower ..... to churn out those dirt in the rocks ..

Got it :D

• SRC Member

Well, a very sad update from me today..

AT is going downhill and ICH has spread to the other tangs too.. and i am going off for a week... hope they are all still alive when i come back.. fiamly members will keep an eye and scoop the fishes up if they die... very vey sad and leaving for tokyo with a heavy heart...

have promised myself that I will not be getting any more tangs for the next 6 montsh if any of them happen to die...

Also will be setting up a Quarantine or hospital tank when i come back from tokyo and will move the tangs over for medication... if i can catch them... and if they are still alive n kicking...

• SRC Member
Well, a very sad update from me today..

AT is going downhill and ICH has spread to the other tangs too.. and i am going off for a week... hope they are all still alive when i come back.. fiamly members will keep an eye and scoop the fishes up if they die... very vey sad and leaving for tokyo with a heavy heart...

have promised myself that I will not be getting any more tangs for the next 6 montsh if any of them happen to die...

Also will be setting up a Quarantine or hospital tank when i come back from tokyo and will move the tangs over for medication... if i can catch them... and if they are still alive n kicking...

bro relax ;) dun let this spoil ur trip :peace: jus hope for thr best :)

• SRC Member

since u will not be in town, how abt try Weileong's method, cover up the whole tank to reduce stress for the fish.

Ich will not kill the fishes within 1-2 days, so there are chances that they will recover in stress free environment.

Have u solved the electrical leakage problem, need to identify the equipment and remove it.

• SRC Member
Told you not to get a AT... IMO more of a stress factor than a joy to keep

ya...should keep Dispar Anthias, not happy with it, fish it out of the tank and give 2 slaps then put back!

at least not as bad as that Capt fish, kanna step to death! :blink:

• SRC Member

I have made a temporary grounding with a 3pin plug. Attached a lenght of wire to the ground pin of the plug and have submerged it in the main tank cable-tied to the tunze stream holder.

That will have to do until I come back on saturday I guess..

Wish me luck guys

• SRC Member
I have made a temporary grounding with a 3pin plug. Attached a lenght of wire to the ground pin of the plug and have submerged it in the main tank cable-tied to the tunze stream holder.

Are u putting COPPER into the tank? :o

Wish me luck guys

You dip copper wire directly into the tank????

Won't that leach copper??

Better get some carbon rod and dip that in instead!

• SRC Member
No more tingling sensation when i dip my hands now.

Will there be an issue with the bare copper wire in the tank for a week or so?

err....I sms u earlier got receive? I've a spare titanium probe.

• SRC Member

Just got your SMS bro... thanks for the offer but too late in the nite already i think and dunt wanna disturb you... I will risk a week of bare copper wire in the tank, no choice i guess

Hopefully by a fluke, the copper will kill the bloody ICH ...

• SRC Member
Just got your SMS bro... thanks for the offer but too late in the nite already i think and dunt wanna disturb you... I will risk a week of bare copper wire in the tank, no choice i guess

Hopefully by a fluke, the copper will kill the bloody ICH ...

I'm ok with late nights....dun play play....your ick might be gone...and your tank will be FOWLR!

got any spare polyfilter at home, or Rowa? dump them in to absorb any copper goes into your tank, altho it is not easier for the copper to enter your tank.