keeping crab and anemone together?

Hello everyone. Would like to know whether it is safe to keep crab and BTA together? The crab is not a hermit crab, just some flower crab about the size of my thumb. Saw it stretching out the pincers to the anemone then putting 'not-sure'what' to its mouth. thanks. :)

• SRC Member
Hello everyone. Would like to know whether it is safe to keep crab and BTA together? The crab is not a hermit crab, just some flower crab about the size of my thumb. Saw it stretching out the pincers to the anemone then putting 'not-sure'what' to its mouth. thanks. :)

crabs usually eat left overs or dead organisms or dead tissues, they are scavengers basically...dun think they are attacking yr BTA.

the only menance they posed is sometimes, in search of food, they will shift my corals or topple them...my crabs can topple my big prata and carry my colony of candy cane to do weight lifting.

but i leave them alone coz they helped to clear left over food like mysis and prawn meat, that gets float away.

l7304smr.jpg

crabs usually eat left overs or dead organisms or dead tissues, they are scavengers basically...dun think they are attacking yr BTA.

the only menance they posed is sometimes, in search of food, they will shift my corals or topple them...my crabs can topple my big prata and carry my colony of candy cane to do weight lifting.

but i leave them alone coz they helped to clear left over food like mysis and prawn meat, that gets float away.

hello, thanks for your reply. guess the crab is a good thing then. dont think my crab can carry the anemone since the anemone is more than 10 times its size.

• 1 month later...