a few newb questions to ask want to know....

• SRC Member

if got no 10% discount for the lights, than whats the piont of being a member ???

do we need to pay to be a member ?

SBS_Transit

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all,

i hv juz checked wif edmund from eAN. all src members will get free membership from eAN, thus entitled to 10% discount on most products...... but some rules and regulations do apply. check them out. sorry for the earlier confusion caused.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

that means we still need to sign up or if u are a SRC member u are automaticly a menber ?

all products have 10% off ? :thanks:

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

if i buy tropic marin salt , 50gallon, is it enough for my 10g tank ? can use hoe many times?

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

when i put water into my tank, just add salt ? need to put anti chlorine or anything first ?

SBS_Transit

duh its more than enough. simple maths will tell you that. *rolls eyes*

duh you need to anti-chlorine/chloramine your water first, if not you'll burn the gills of the poor fishes. never add salt direct to the tank. you will have hell of a good time trying to dissolve the salt. do it in a pail first.

unless your tank is an empty tank with no fish inside. but I doubt so.

• SRC Member
duh its more than enough. simple maths will tell you that. *rolls eyes*

duh you need to anti-chlorine/chloramine your water first, if not you'll burn the gills of the poor fishes. never add salt direct to the tank. you will have hell of a good time trying to dissolve the salt. do it in a pail first.

unless your tank is an empty tank with no fish inside. but I doubt so.

is it a muct to buy a bottle of anti-chlorine/chloramine ? do they sell it togetheror 1 bottle for anti-chlorine and another bottle for anti chloramine???

but i thought that some salts can do this stuff ? does tropic marin do this ? :thanks:

SBS_Transit

well. you can let the water sit overnight. but if you've read extensively in this forum, you'd have realised that chloramine doesn't just disappear like chlorine. so anti-chloramine is a must.

if you're rich, get SeaChem prime. if you're poor, get Nutrafin anti-chlorine. but be prepared for execessive foaming in the skimmer from the Nutrafin. I posted in the forum the reason as to the foaming phenomenon.

salts do not have the ability to remove chlorine just like that. and no, Tropic Marin doesn't do that.

• SRC Member

ya, i read your post about the execessive foam for your skimmer. well i thing i just get the anti chloramine ;)

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

hi, i go a hydrometer question, when buying a hydrometer, is it ok to buy those $6 type ? ok anot ? p3t m@rt got sell ? :thanks:

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member
hi, i go a hydrometer question, when buying a hydrometer, is it ok to buy those $6 type ? ok anot ? p3t m@rt got sell ? :thanks:

anyone ? :( hurry need reply soon

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

does pet mart sell hydrometer ?

anyone been to rainbow pet and aquarium ? how is the hydrometer they selling ? :thanks:

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

wah kaoz...maybe you should go through the entire databse for any info you need before posting so many redundant questions!! if you want to save $$..start a goldfish tank instead! imo, you will be spending a lot more than many of us becoz you opt for cheapo items which will need replacements in near future!! do research in GOOD equipments and items instead of CHEAP ones! if you can't afford it now..don't start until you can!! else you will be postin gmore questions later for problematic buys!

we aren't half as rich as michael jackson. I doubt AT is. yet he invests in such equipment.

marine fish keeping is an expensive hobby indeed. and trying to take any short cuts by cutting cost is actually detrimental to the interest in the hobby. imagine you buy cheap stuff, it fails and wipes out your whole tank as a result. quite disheartening

I'm not washing of everybody who keeps fishes cheaply. there are people who go through the budget way and all. but I think alvy had a point there. SBS_Transit has been asking for cheap stuff. and if such a mentality is adopted towards fish keeping, its actually not to his own welfare. not to mention the fishes he will keep.

no offence. cheap is good yes. but if you really want dirt cheap, I suggest you keep freshwater instead. marine fish keeping is REALLY expensive. and I myself, a poor student, is having a hard time keeping up with the hobby already.

SBS_Transit. if you've read or bothered to find out more, you'd notice that Ra##b#w sells it stuff at an astronomical price. I saw that they have a 1/2 price thing now. I'm not too sure if it covers accessories or not. don't ask me. I'd still get my stuff from Petmart any day. got points to collect. cheap. and good.

No offense to anybody :

Knowing dat marine fish keeping is an expensive hobby, there are people around who just started for the love of the hobby, but due to financial constraints, they may have to keep a low budget, thus having to ask more questions to find a cheaper alternative...

But dat's exactly the purpose of setting up a forum like this, I believe AT would agree, for exchange of information and "good deals" so dat money would not be wasted... Alvy 's question may be boring to some, but being a new hobbyist I would understand as I work long hours and I dun have much time to read all the threads, maybe only 5-10%.... And being new to the hobby, I'm feeded with so much information dat I have to digest...

In Alvy's case, maybe he wants to get a cheaper hydrometer, to invest in another test kit dat would be beneficial to his fishes well-being....

Please dun shoot down every question that people may post around here, as boring or as redundant as they may be at times, there are people around who doesn't know much but would want to keep this hobby, they may invest more in areas like more expensive skimmers, but wat's wrong if they wanna buy a cheaper hydrometer?

Thank you for your interest in reading.

Vincent Ho :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg