2ft tank

• SRC Member

Looks ok to me but is your bio rings placed in the tank or outside and what wavemakers & filters are you using?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

Will you be planning to keep corals or just a FOWLR tank? The large cowry snail in your tank is not reef safe. Here's an old pic of mine showing a cowry snail terrorising an anemone:

post-15730-1265465176_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

are u usin an internal filter?looks like eheim to me....if it is i dun tink(according to my own views)is suitable for long term.u might as well change it to a external canister.anyway nice scaping i tink it should be enough rocks.and wats with all the kfc junk.lol

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank

hi all, thanks for your replies.

@peter

im using overhead filter and another submersible filter in substitute for the wavemaker (my fishes are already swaying around only on this filter :P ). btw the bio rings are inside the tank.

@binosage

just keeping fishes, had a nightmare from the corals which crashed my tank. i dont think my snail is a cowrie. my mum just got it from sheng shiong cause she find it beautiful. :D

@marineNovice

erm, not eheim filter. just an overhead filter and a submersible filter. btw the kfc container holds a crab i got from the live rock and the plastic tank besides it is another crab. the other stuffs are just for wiping water cause i like to adjust something a few times a day.

my light is just a 8w desktop fluorescent light . i dont think i need much light since i intend to just keep fishes. or is it not sufficient? :unsure:

• SRC Member

I suspect that you are not running a chiller? If you are not, then I would suggest getting two fans and blow them at your water surface. It will reduce your water temp to between 27-28 degC which will be sufficient for keeping fishes as well as most LPS and softies.

Anyway, I would propose that you use an external filter e.g. Eheim, Jebao etc as it will allow you to use media such as carbon and phosphate removal media which are necessary in my opinion.

Lightning wise, 8W fluorescent is sufficient for fishes but fluorescent which is ard 6500K will cause algae to grow very quickly in your tank.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

8w light should be ok for fish only tank. dun think u'll need fan as there is not much heat generating equip in the setup. fan will only speed up evaporation which will cause salinity swing if u are not deligent in topping up water.

the amount of rocks looks just nice...

since its a relatively small tank, do read up on the fishes and their requirements before adding any. i see that you already have a blue devil damsel in there which can be a real bully....

external filter also not quite necessary since u already have hang on filters. if need be can just chuck these media into the filters. also with deligent water changing n modest feeding, your water quality should be okay.

have fun in the hobby, remember to do your own research and take your time in setting up your tank. that's part of the fun in this hobby! :rolleyes: