Pasar Malam - Home Tanks

clee123

Iwarna sell this? I've never seen it around, was only aware of their liquid additive, forgotten the name already. I've custom built a container able to hold 20L++ of each CA, KH and MG and already have dosing pump.How's the pricing for each bag of additives? Might give this a try in the future. Thanks!

They are packed in each bag of 1kg for CA, KH, and MG on a shelf opposite the Topup..

If I have not mistaken..

1 bag/kg of calcium chloride is $10,

1 bag/kg of magnesium power is $18, and

1 bag/kg of bicarbonate power is $3

cheers, :thumbsup:

fts-022012.JPG

:friends: Hi Bro

Each tank has different dosing requirements due to different types of livestocks & setup. So I don't suggest following a standard dosing regime.

You will need to test ya CA/KH/MG every day for the next 4-weeks to assess ya tank consumption patterns. Calibrate ya dosings such that they will adjust (increase/decrease) the readings of CA/KH/MG to ya desired levels. Don't adjust ya dosings once you achieve consistency in ya measurements. Always be conservative in ya dosings esp KH. You will also need to re-adjust every now & then especially when your livestocks increases overtime.

My tank dosing regime (every 6hr/24hr cycle) is as follows:

CA -> 8ml (42ml/day)

KH -> 6ml (36ml/day)

MG -> 12ml (72ml/day)

:thumbsup: As I have said, 2-parts dosings has its pros & cons. But at least it gives you less headaches from having clogged valves, expired CO2 bottle, media replacement, effluent issues, etc.

:ThanxSmiley: I am thankful to an ex-SPS guru, Tycoon TEO :eyebrow: , who has introduced & advised me on 2-parts dosings a few years ago.

U can check out his threads (TEO) for more info.

Cheers.

Thanks bro,

It is always useful to have a reference point so that we can avoid the unexpected..

I am currently keeping a logs on the Zeovit dosage and the CA/KH/MG dosage and reading..

I have ordered another 4-way dosing extension BM-T02 thinking of dosing ZeoStat2, Pohls Xtra, Patassium, and lime water... :yahoo:

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

They are packed in each bag of 1kg for CA, KH, and MG on a shelf opposite the Topup..

If I have not mistaken..

1 bag/kg of calcium chloride is $10,

1 bag/kg of magnesium power is $18, and

1 bag/kg of bicarbonate power is $3

cheers, :thumbsup:

This is really affordable! I might go for it.

:thumbsup: As I have said, 2-parts dosings has its pros & cons. But at least it gives you less headaches from having clogged valves, expired CO2 bottle, media replacement, effluent issues, etc.

Yes I agree. Ever since I injured my back last year, I was worried how to carry the co2 cylinder for top-up. I have slip disc from a fall at work and can't carry heavy stuff anymore that's why I customized an acrylic box with 3 compartment to hold ca, alk and mg. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Added an extension to my newly setup dosing pumps - TM-101 and TM-102 :groupwavereversed:

TM-101 is the unit with controller and TM-102 is the 4-way extension unit (without controller) - just connect the extension unit to the controller (TM-101) with a connection cable (does not require additional power supply for the second unit) :thumbsup:

post-16749-062922900 1279648283_thumb.jp

DIY dosing contrainers basket - I am currently dosing extra MG using the two bottles (with carefully calculated temporary dosage) to slowly bring up the MG level from 1230 to 1300 (it will probably take about 1-2 weeks to reach that)- the right most bottle is the 5-in-1 coral food at 5ml per 2 cycle/day. :superman:

post-16749-033187700 1279648768_thumb.jp

The full dosing solution setup - the final plan is to dose KH, CA, MG, K-Balance (Potassium), lime water (Kalkwasser), Pohl's Xtra (colour enhancers for SPS/LPS), and 5-in-1 coral food on a 1 - 24 cycles/day based on various dosing requirements. :rolleyes:

post-16749-062015400 1279649604_thumb.jp

fts-022012.JPG

The full dosing solution setup - the final plan is to dose KH, CA, MG, K-Balance (Potassium), lime water (Kalkwasser), Pohl's Xtra (colour enhancers for SPS/LPS), and 5-in-1 coral food on a 1 - 24 cycles/day based on various dosing requirements. :rolleyes:

post-16749-062015400 1279649604_thumb.jp

i think 5-in-1 coral food need to be refrigerated after open.

bro, wanna know how u actually calculate the dosing regime ? would adding 100++ ml of water to the system a day too much ?

interested to learn more about this dosing regime. I think that it much better and save alot of hassle.

Bro,

You can use this link as a reference to calculate the right dosage... :thumbsup:

But most importantly...you need to keep a daily log (for the first 1-4 weeks) to record the dosage and fine tune according to the tank requirements depend on your bio load, number and different types of corals...

http://reef.diesyst.com/flashcalc/flashcalc.html

:yahoo:

fts-022012.JPG

i think 5-in-1 coral food need to be refrigerated after open.

That's the instruction on the bottle.. but I don quit understand the logic behind that.. if you not open the bottle that's ok and if you open the bottle you need to refrigerate - consider there are million of marco living pods inside.. :nc: What's the different??

Anyway will try to DIY a hoder to put the bottle in the return sump section where the compressor chiller coil is - hopefully that is as good as the frige.. :D

fts-022012.JPG

Bro, how much is the TM-101 and TM-102 cost?

Two (TM-101 + TM-102) for a price less than a 3-way Geotech III..if you can get a some discount from Iwarna would be around $650 plus/minus...

But one thing to take note...this is China make from Bubble-Magus.. it's for simple daily dosage up to 24 cycle per day... you cannot control which day in the week I want to dose or stop dosing.. (e.g. Mon, Wed, Fri dose only)... :thumbdown:

But for that price...it's like buying a China make N97 with Wifi.... :chair:

fts-022012.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Bro, any update on your completed scaping and reef pic ? :eyebrow:

Didn't know you r interested in my tank.... been travelling lately.... will upload some pictures when I am back home... :thumbsup:

P/S: know any bros/sis here is good at taking marco shots...?? Just gotten myself a 180MM Tamron Marco Lens.. and need some tips...he..he.. :paiseh:

fts-022012.JPG

Heh heh...been lurking around your thread for sometime liao...think your reef scaping is one of the nicest looking in town :thumbsup:

Let's catch up for lunch when you back, call me ok :cheers:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Eh I also wanna do lunch with you guys. In raffles place area ok??

Btw clee bro, for macro lens, must try to use tripod and snap using auto timer or remote.

Bro when u wanna collect the yellow bn? Or maybe I drop by ur place on sat night after collection? Wanna see your power tank and learn more abt the dosing pump too.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Eh I also wanna do lunch with you guys. In raffles place area ok??

Btw clee bro, for macro lens, must try to use tripod and snap using auto timer or remote.

Bro when u wanna collect the yellow bn? Or maybe I drop by ur place on sat night after collection? Wanna see your power tank and learn more abt the dosing pump too.

Hey...thank bro for your help... I will be back only on Sat mid-night (unless you want to visit me on the mid-night)... I think the best time will be Sunday or Monday if you want to drop by.... otherwise, I can collect from you...

fts-022012.JPG

Heh heh...been lurking around your thread for sometime liao...think your reef scaping is one of the nicest looking in town :thumbsup:

Let's catch up for lunch when you back, call me ok :cheers:

sure bro.... let's catch up for lunch together with Wilson

fts-022012.JPG

Suspicion confirmed.

I will nominate you for - Best natural reefscaping tank :wub:

Can't imagine if you were to colour up your scape with more striking colourful corals :eyebrow:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Suspicion confirmed.

I will nominate you for - Best natural reefscaping tank :wub:

Can't imagine if you were to colour up your scape with more striking colourful corals :eyebrow:

Well....that take time and $$$ .... :score:

unless you want to donate some of your collection speed up the process... :P:D

fts-022012.JPG

Bro. Did u managed to figure out the macro mode??

Maybe next time I'll bring along my camera...

How's the bn doing?? Very stable right.

Hey bro...

Thanks for your free delivery... the bn is indeed very stable... once planted...open like no body business...

here the picture of the BN..

post-16749-084077900 1281459893_thumb.jp

Anyway still need to try and error... to get the perfect marco shot... hope one day can take shot like this..

post-16749-093501100 1281460227_thumb.jp

:lol:

fts-022012.JPG