How to catch Yellow clown inside my overflow now?

Perculas Pairs chased after my Yellow Clown.. Sad to see my Yellow Clown jumped inside the overflow even though my overflow is covered with netting on the side. Trying some ways to take out the fish with net now... but i could not manage to catch the yellow clown. Already spend 2 hrs catching... Pls advise and share with me all ur ideas. Thank you.

• SRC Member

HI Bro

That depends on what is the dimension of your overflow in terms L*B*H. What's inside the overflow compartment? Need more info leh.

What I did was to shut down the tank which means off return pump. Suck out most of the water in the overflow box. Use a small net to catch the fish out. Hope this help.

HI Bro

That depends on what is the dimension of your overflow in terms L*B*H. What's inside the overflow compartment? Need more info leh.

What I did was to shut down the tank which means off return pump. Suck out most of the water in the overflow box. Use a small net to catch the fish out. Hope this help.

Tank size is 4 x 2 x 2. I did what u mention to me. Shut down the pump and i suck out most of the water in the overflow box. After that it takes me 5mins to catch the yellow clown lol... Thanks Bro.

Right now thinking of ways to avoid situation happened again. :thanks:

• Senior Reefer
Tank size is 4 x 2 x 2. I did what u mention to me. Shut down the pump and i suck out most of the water in the overflow box. After that it takes me 5mins to catch the yellow clown lol... Thanks Bro.

Right now thinking of ways to avoid situation happened again. :thanks:

a hood over the overflow stuffed with cotton will prevent such cases from happening again :)

• Senior Reefer
Lemon, do u have the hood pic to show me pls? Dont understand a hood with cotton.... Thanks Lemon.

when you cover the top of the tank with eggcrates, that will serve as a hood. however, from the opening of the overflow to the top of the hood, there will be a space. maybe 2-3 inch gap. stuff it with cotton so that water can still flow down, but there will be a wall of cotton to prevent anything from going down.

hood with cotton can prevent this scenario...

last time i have a hood over the overflow. Instead of dropping into the over flow, the fish stuck on the cotton and died! hahahah

ok.. being insensitive here...

this will only happen if your cotten is not enough or not tight enough. fish can still jump or go through but get stuck on the cotton. refer to my above quote on how to fix this.