maintain sps tank

Hi i've read up alot on CR and kalk so if let say only use CR do u all facing problem like PH low over time or u all basically use airstone to boost up again the PH

cause of i read up by maintain a kalk drip or buff up is not ease at all

as for CR is easy just that the drip is at a PH of around 6.5 but what we all wanna achive in marine is around 8.3

Run the effluent through a second chamber of media to help buffer the pH of the eventual effluent. Try to drip the effluent into an area of high gas exchange like the intake of the protein skimmer to help drive out excess carbon dioxide from the effluent. It is this carbon dioxide that lowers the pH due to formation of carbonic acid.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Run the effluent through a second chamber of media to help buffer the pH of the eventual effluent. Try to drip the effluent into an area of high gas exchange like the intake of the protein skimmer to help drive out excess carbon dioxide from the effluent. It is this carbon dioxide that lowers the pH due to formation of carbonic acid.

wats effluent?wa the entire webpage change and now i dun jnow how to use it... :off:

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank

hi bro as the input i post able to answer on that

Adding 10% Mg is fine but you need to monitor your magnesium levels. For me, Mg levels do not really fluctuate much and I prefer to monitor and adjust it manually.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 4 weeks later...

hi bro i plan to use http://www.firststopaquatics.co.uk/acatalog/info_028190.html as it can dissolve at higher PH around 6.5ph

Bro,

If you plan to put 10% Mg in your CR... the PH should be at 6.3 for Mg to dissolve at Optimum level... adding Mg initially will bring the PH to as high as 9-10.. so be careful to monitor the PH in your for few weeks ..

fts-022012.JPG

Bro,

If you plan to put 10% Mg in your CR... the PH should be at 6.3 for Mg to dissolve at Optimum level... adding Mg initially will bring the PH to as high as 9-10.. so be careful to monitor the PH in your for few weeks ..

ok bro i'll take a good note on it