When shine blue actinic bulb onto water is it purple???

Please correct me if i'm wrong... For when I was in AM, i realised that the blue actinic bulb when shine onto the water it look like purplish... please advise whether it should be blue or purple when shine onto the water

Next, can we use only actinic bulb alone on our coral tank?

Roger, why do you post multiple topic on the same topic?

I think you raise this question 2 - 3 times already on separate threads.

Pls stick to one. Thank you.

** PS: you can simply post a "upzz" on your old thread to move it up on the new content list. Do not need to start a new thread everytime.

As to your question:

- actinic is blue. (there may be a new range of actinic that might look a bit more purplish)

Go google for more info.

- why do you want to use just actinic? if you have fishes inside, it will look off colour. i recall that someone also responded to you mentioning that fishes well being might be affected by being under actinic lighting for prolong period.

at least have 1 tube of white will make the tank look better.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Actually I've seen the AM display tank, it is not purple what... That's blue hahaha. Some tanks run their light on timer, to have the blue light on before the white lights come on, so there will not be light shock. I don't think many people run their lights exclusively blue.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter

Actually I've seen the AM display tank, it is not purple what... That's blue hahaha. Some tanks run their light on timer, to have the blue light on before the white lights come on, so there will not be light shock. I don't think many people run their lights exclusively blue.

Yup, tats wat most reefers do, including me. :)