My JBJ 28G Nano Tank

seanewbie

Hi All,

Just wanna share with you and get advises as well for my new setup i did last Saturday...Has been excited buying and gathering all the pieces together..Got some good bargains for tank and chillers from some kind bros here..

Went to coral farm for live rocks shopping and finish off the remaining with shopping at Aquamarin

..and this is where it all began..

post-3722-1271689836887_thumb.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly did not realise that i need to buy alot of things when Janet/Aquamarin start picking up for me the missing items.. :upsidedown:

so anyway since i was there...bought live sand,Tunze wavemaker, eheim pumps, test kits etc

post-3722-12716901510957_thumb.jpg

was drooling when i was at coralfarm with the corals available there...but boh pien...start of with live rocks first :wacko:

they have a couple of range...from $5kg to $8kg...i took the $8kg range with the choices of most coraline

post-3722-1271690339055_thumb.jpg

so eager started setting up and as anticipated ...some items short... :blink:

luckily it was at 5:30pm....still got time before shop closes...

am glad too that i'm living at Pasir Ris...so rush of to Pasir Ris farm to buy the missing items

post-3722-12716905439284_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

I honestly did not realise that i need to buy alot of things when Janet/Aquamarin start picking up for me the missing items.. :upsidedown:

so anyway since i was there...bought live sand,Tunze wavemaker, eheim pumps, test kits etc

Of the things you bought, I would say that some of them might not really be necessary depending on your setup.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

initially...was looking like this... :huh:

brain rusty liao...looking at the small mini "back compartment /"sump"... :huh:

and when things started warming up and getting organised :idea: ...things went smooth and fast

i agree with you peter...but when you see the stuff at Aquamarin...was seh....the last time i went to Aquamarin..the shop was still at Jalan Kayu...

I was away for 2 years and so many changes...

• SRC Member

was drooling when i was at coralfarm with the corals available there...but boh pien...start of with live rocks first :wacko:

they have a couple of range...from $5kg to $8kg...i took the $8kg range with the choices of most coraline

You got it cheap man, I thought they sell live rocks at $16 per kg!

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

• SRC Member

Of the things you bought, I would say that some of them might not really be necessary depending on your setup.

I kinda agree with peter. Perhaps you should browse the forums more to check on the latest updates before heading to the shops.

Yup digibee....considered cheap after hearing from some of the reefers...

i used to have a 4ftx2ftx2.5ft tank setup before and i went to JB to grab....guess what...it was only at 5RM!!....best thing was...it was cured..been there for more then 3 months..

• SRC Member

Finally....all cloudness...has dissapeared...some pictures just taken

Maybe you can list down the equipment you are using.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

nice to see your setup bro.

you finally manage to get your tank :)

- where did you put the fan arh?

- Also the horizontal rock on the top seems to be blocking the view. if you put corals on top and on the rocks behind, will you be able to see them?

- Also do monitor the chiller's heat dissipation if you place it in the cabinet.

- you are using ceremic rings?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Hi Peter...

hmm let me see...

JBJ 28G Nano Tank

Equipment List:

Chiller : HAILEA 100A

Chiller Pump : Eheim 1000

Return Pump : STD (intend to change)

Wavemake : Tunze Nano 6025

Lighting : 150W DE 14K Phoenix / 3 LED moonlight

Skimmer : STD (intend to change)

- Also the horizontal rock on the top seems to be blocking the view. if you put corals on top and on the rocks behind, will you be able to see them?

- Also do monitor the chiller's heat dissipation if you place it in the cabinet.

Thanks bro! Yes...finally....

Initially was putting the fan inside and the fan blowing towards the cupboard door.. then monitoring... :whistle

but realise later that the heat is still present and not circulating well...btw i bought a DYMAX fan..

I then put it at the back of the cupboard as there is already and opening and ledge it there...

the rocks behind is intended to put my best coral in future. about the horizontal rock..i agree with you might relocate if it blocks the intended coral i intend to put in future....

err...what is ceremic rings? :blink:

:off: read your comprehensive thread about bacteria http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87556

quick question...i already put live sand...do you think i should still dose bacteria?