My JBJ 28G Nano Tank

seanewbie

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice progress bro.

did not see the true percs. Only a blue tang playing hide and seek.

btw, maybe you wanna go for smaller corals so that you can house more variety later.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

nice progress bro.

did not see the true percs. Only a blue tang playing hide and seek.

btw, maybe you wanna go for smaller corals so that you can house more variety later.

Ya lah bro..you are right...All those will be the last "big corals"....

going for smaller ones and then hunting for some yumas to propagate and watch the tank grow..

CURRENT LS

1. 2 perculiar clowns

2. 1 blennie

3. 1 blue tang

4. 1 cleaner shrip

Will hold on these family for a while as i would like to focus on corals

Ya lah bro..you are right...All those will be the last "big corals"....

going for smaller ones and then hunting for some yumas to propagate and watch the tank grow..

Bro

rics IMO are nicer, more color lasting, more hardy, cheaper and easier to keep compared to yumas. U may want to consider getting them instead.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

brown algae dissapeared liao bro....

about the live rock hope for it to "dissappear" in the coming months to come... :eyebrow:

btw bro...my blennie doin a fantastic job!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bros,

Need your quick advise. Any bros with the current nano tank using MCE600? I'm concern whether the hanging mechanism allows to fit on a JBJ.

Appreciate your thoughts. regards,

Hi Bros,

Need your quick advise. Any bros with the current nano tank using MCE600? I'm concern whether the hanging mechanism allows to fit on a JBJ.

Appreciate your thoughts. regards,

Hey hi Seanewbie....

If you wanna take a look, you can come over to my place to check out the MCE 600.

I have it on a 1.5ft open cube.

Best to see it for yourself.

rgds

Jacky

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since i last update my thread.

Am glad that i have not experienced any bad encounters i.e algae outbreak, LS death etc since the time i start up the tank. Stocks has been filled up gradually...err..slightly faster then normal..keke.. and learning the water perimeters behaviour , organising schedules to dose supplements.

One thing i'm quite concerned is the PH. I've read the thread below about PH

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89206&pid=922288&st=0&#entry922288

Dont wish to hijack his thread so asking right here about my condition.

All other readings are great but abit concerned of my PH reading which is between 7.8 to 8.2. The reading has been consistently like this after i hit my 2nd month. I did regular test every 4 days. Got abit lazy and decided to buy pinpoint monitor to better understand how the PH water perimeters realtime...btw its a fantastic product!

I've been trying to increase the PH hoping to reach the range of 8.0 to 8.4 but it seems to be tough. I'm dosing it with Kent Marine PH Buffers. But looks like there is no effect. Though im aware 7.8 is still an ok mark but i have already some collection of SPS and trying to hit its optimum of the range mentioned as recommended.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

• 1 month later...