500 + litres tank

• SRC Member

Hi,

another area needs guidance, can my resun 650 model 1/4 hp be used for the 500+ litres tank? what is the ideal chiller size?

thanks for your kind attention.

1/4HP chiller should be fine for your tank size.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

Hi,

another area needs guidance, can my resun 650 model 1/4 hp be used for the 500+ litres tank? what is the ideal chiller size?

thanks for your kind attention.

Changing tank? When ready I would like to go your place look c look c .

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

ya stated 1/4hp will do just fine but resun always have a slower cooling time which also comsump high power 650w for a 1/4hp

with such power or lower i can get a 1/2hp chiller like hailea 500a just 528w and therefor even for artica or so

it took only 25-35min to cool down from 28-27 and rest for around 3-4hrs with rio32 - ehiem 800L - aquabee2000L - rio10

(take note it switched on/off by ext thermostate)

As for bro FACLAN u can use it for 3ft tank no problem just that as stated it consump high power for that hp rate

it took me to upgrade as the loud noise when kicking in and out, i also use hc 500a for my 3ft it serve me well with just bout 20-30 min working each time

Hi Steven,

thks for the info (i was the one who bought the reef octopus). i am trying to upgrade slowly and to understand better . these are all existing equipment from the previous or 1st setup. will take note in future upgrade.

by the way, is teco resonably well interms fo cost and benefit ratio? as compared to haile and artica?

anyway, thks for all who replies.

ya stated 1/4hp will do just fine but resun always have a slower cooling time which also comsump high power 650w for a 1/4hp

with such power or lower i can get a 1/2hp chiller like hailea 500a just 528w and therefor even for artica or so

it took only 25-35min to cool down from 28-27 and rest for around 3-4hrs with rio32 - ehiem 800L - aquabee2000L - rio10

(take note it switched on/off by ext thermostate)

As for bro FACLAN u can use it for 3ft tank no problem just that as stated it consump high power for that hp rate

it took me to upgrade as the loud noise when kicking in and out, i also use hc 500a for my 3ft it serve me well with just bout 20-30 min working each time

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your info...

ok teco for the older model RA not that bad as i've use it before but it dispess alot of heat with the same spec of other chiller

artica is too ex for me but if u wan a good brand that'll be the one then

as for me for buying an 1/4 or 1/3 hp i'll rather buy an 1hp hailea with less than half of the price all depend on ownself