Quarantine methods?

• Senior Reefer

Angels does particularly poor in QT. Chances of having HLLE in QT is also much higher for angels, reason? I am not sure as well.

Do note, once you a hypo or copper certain fishes esepcially pomacanthids family, the colours may nv be as vibrant as before. <_<

yeah.. like golden angel. many website say never quarantine this fish. quoted from marine center, "anything but complete luxury spells doom for this fish" this includes QT and copper.

actually maybe i'm thinking of skipping QT. most of my fishes will be angels and butterflies. most of them cmi for QT and don't fare to well.

maybe i'll just give them FW bath and medicated dip, and into a holding tank for few days to observe any disease outbreak. If all clear, go into main tank.

How does that sound?

Actually, I always believe in what the ex fish fanatics/expert in SRC(bro Roidan and bro weileong) says, just get the fish feeding. They even flood their tank to get fishes feeding but I know many reefers will disagree with this move especially when they are doing it in their SPS or low nutrient tank(BTW bro weileong has one of the most colourful SPS tank ard despite all the flooding). All they do is to feed their new fishes fat to build up the immune system to past through the acclimitizing phrase and naturally the fish will be rather indestructible after that.

• Senior Reefer

Actually, I always believe in what the ex fish fanatics/expert in SRC(bro Roidan and bro weileong) says, just get the fish feeding. They even flood their tank to get fishes feeding but I know many reefers will disagree with this move especially when they are doing it in their SPS or low nutrient tank(BTW bro weileong has one of the most colourful SPS tank ard despite all the flooding). All they do is to feed their new fishes fat to build up the immune system to past through the acclimitizing phrase and naturally the fish will be rather indestructible after that.

i'm a huge fan of this theory too. i have been pumping my fishes for the past 1.5 years of reefing and all they built is resistance against ich. but lately with my recent collection its no use. i think i told you before my declivis although feeding like a horse, at 7 feedings per day, still died from ich at the end.

it's making me re-think and maybe move into QT. but it's too troublesome and my choice of livestock will be compramised if i use QT.

Ich parasites somehow become "deactivated" after they attach to an immune fish and drop off. If you control how often you add new fish and letting the fish gain immunity before adding another fish, the ich parasites will not reach an overwhelming population to kill fish. I experience that ich usually only kills fish if you have been adding too many new fishes recently.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Ich parasites somehow become "deactivated" after they attach to an immune fish and drop off. If you control how often you add new fish and letting the fish gain immunity before adding another fish, the ich parasites will not reach an overwhelming population to kill fish. I experience that ich usually only kills fish if you have been adding too many new fishes recently.

+1 Agree...

Experience the same problem before...

That is the reason I setup a link small QT tank with partition.. same water condition and no additional stress added.. fishes will add in different partition first for 2 months before transfer to main tank..

I believe stress play a important part of fish Immune system margin versus Ich... furthermore add many new fishes at once... the stress level multiply...

Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore