Does a Reef Tank Need Carbon?

comycus

Bro, u should try the Bulk Reef Supply ROX 0.8 which is the holy grail of aquarium carbon. Otherwise the next best one is Bulk Reef Supply Lignite carbon. According to Bertoni and Boomer from Reef Central, these two will outperform any aquarium carbon currently in the market. And according to Bertoni, RowaCarbon is crap. :eyebrow:

so when in your BO coming... neck long long liao.......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

so when in your BO coming... neck long long liao.......

I think u need to wait until your neck longer than a giraffe first lah... :eyebrow:

The main issue is that these two types of carbon are not available locally in Singapore so air freight in is going to be pretty expensive. Coupled with the fact that the ROX 0.8 is actually a lab grade high purity carbon, the landed price in Singapore is going to be pretty crazy. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the landed price in Singapore... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

I think u need to wait until your neck longer than a giraffe first lah... :eyebrow:

The main issue is that these two types of carbon are not available locally in Singapore so air freight in is going to be pretty expensive. Coupled with the fact that the ROX 0.8 is actually a lab grade high purity carbon, the landed price in Singapore is going to be pretty crazy. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the landed price in Singapore... :eyebrow:

k k... Ping you when I am a giraffe

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

k k... Ping you when I am a giraffe

I think your neck super long also no use liao...Minimum order quantity from factory is 500 kgs... :eyebrow:

Well, I can still make this happen if there are 50 people willing to take 10kg each...or 100 people willing to take 5 kg each :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

I think your neck super long also no use liao...Minimum order quantity from factory is 500 kgs... eyebrow.gif

Well, I can still make this happen if there are 50 people willing to take 10kg each...or 100 people willing to take 5 kg each whistling.gif

so much. think have to ask LFS to help.... :P

• SRC Member

Bro, u should try the Bulk Reef Supply ROX 0.8 which is the holy grail of aquarium carbon. Otherwise the next best one is Bulk Reef Supply Lignite carbon. According to Bertoni and Boomer from Reef Central, these two will outperform any aquarium carbon currently in the market. And according to Bertoni, RowaCarbon is crap. :eyebrow:

that claim is interesting since rowa is the best i used in the aquarium industry.

im looking forward to it.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

that claim is interesting since rowa is the best i used in the aquarium industry.

im looking forward to it.

Take a look at the video comparing bituminous carbon which most aquarium carbons are made of and lignite and rox 0.8 carbon.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: