Seachem trace element kill shrimp?

HI bros, bought a bottle of seachem trace element today.. bought 2 shrimp today(cleaner shrimp&fire shrimp)from ah beng, go home change water ,add trace element, idoine, did the drip acc method to the shrimp,less than 5 min these 2 shrimp up the lorry!!! BUt my older shrimp are all ok,could these because theres copper contian in the bottle that kill shrimp? i cross my finger that my other shrimp wont fall one by one, r should i switch to kent marine trace element?

• SRC Member

HI bros, bought a bottle of seachem trace element today.. bought 2 shrimp today(cleaner shrimp&fire shrimp)from ah beng, go home change water ,add trace element, idoine, did the drip acc method to the shrimp,less than 5 min these 2 shrimp up the lorry!!! BUt my older shrimp are all ok,could these because theres copper contian in the bottle that kill shrimp? i cross my finger that my other shrimp wont fall one by one, r should i switch to kent marine trace element?

Bro, the Seachem Trace had nothing to do with the death of your newly purchase shrimps. Very likely the death is cause by the change of water. You should have change it yesterday or a day after you put in the shrimps. If i am not wrong, Kent Marine too contain copper too. Look and compare the two brand ingredient. Are you using Sea water or mixed salt?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member

NSWfrom ah beng.. always.. :sick::cry::( I change the water before i put them in not after.

Probably they were shock! I happen many time to me. Recently, i bgt 3 large fire shrimps and 2 large cleaner shrimps, just with 10mins, my Queen finished them all. $75 gone in 10mins. Should have go to GV for movie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well what to do.. next time i try to prolong the acc drip method... for me its not the money... juz the live.. i got 4 (hitch hicker crab) cAUGHT THEM PUT them in the guppy box... really cant juz dump them into the trash like that.. juz my thought...

Probably they were shock! I happen many time to me. Recently, i bgt 3 large fire shrimps and 2 large cleaner shrimps, just with 10mins, my Queen finished them all. $75 gone in 10mins. Should have go to GV for movie.

ha ha bro 75 dollars give my girl buy milk better in exchange i give u pellets

by the way shrimp are sensitive u need to not only slowly acc. also need to chk ur water parameter also

• SRC Member

Well what to do.. next time i try to prolong the acc drip method... for me its not the money... juz the live.. i got 4 (hitch hicker crab) cAUGHT THEM PUT them in the guppy box... really cant juz dump them into the trash like that.. juz my thought...

:agreed: Not the matter of money but live. Cheer up bro, we all learn thru from here. We will get stronger in experience. :cheers: