Rose dying?

enseng

Hi my rose anemone isn't look good these few days...attached is the picture of it with the gaping mouth..there is a seaweedlike stuff coming out from its mouth. was it its poo or something else?

My true clown and yellow tang seems like enjoy eating it...

post-15988-091022800 1279201033_thumb.jp

My green bubble tip anemone I thought was dying also as it shrank very small and black thing was also in the mouth. I removed the black thing (most likely an excrement) by suctioning with a piece of hose. The following day, it was back to normal. I am not saying the same case for you but I am just sharing my experience.

from the picture i see that your RBTA is just removing waste from its system, RBTA eat and shit through their mouths. Shouldn't worry too much just monitor them.

Hi my rose anemone isn't look good these few days...attached is the picture of it with the gaping mouth..there is a seaweedlike stuff coming out from its mouth. was it its poo or something else?

My true clown and yellow tang seems like enjoy eating it...

How is ur rose now, interested to know?

• SRC Supporter

just make sure nothing irritates it too much. esp clowns.

to check if its dying. Just try to disturb it with ur hands and if its hell of a sticky then its healthy.

anemones loses their stickyness esp on the foot when dying. dont try on the tentecles when its in this stage. 100% not sticky to us.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

just make sure nothing irritates it too much. esp clowns.

to check if its dying. Just try to disturb it with ur hands and if its hell of a sticky then its healthy.

anemones loses their stickyness esp on the foot when dying. dont try on the tentecles when its in this stage. 100% not sticky to us.

Hi bros,

It doesn't open as big as previously but it is still eating. Whenever I feed it with Henry food or brine shrimp, it will still grab.

From the way I look at it, its foot still attached firmly (didn't touch it though) to the rocks. It is just that it doesn't open very big, on and off closed up, and the frequency of close up is increasing.

My clown seldom play with it now, only when the light is off then the clown will just sleep inside.

Is it dying or sick?

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

My RBTA is still surviving but the tentacles are not extended as long as previously. It became short ...and color also not as bright...feel that it became smaller..

What could be the reasons? I feed it once every 3 days...It is because it is sick? but it is still eating...or could it becoz of the lighting?

I am using 4x39W T5 lights for my 3 ft tank....but didn't change the bulb for one year already....

• SRC Member

Updates:

My RBTA is still surviving but the tentacles are not extended as long as previously. It became short ...and color also not as bright...feel that it became smaller..

What could be the reasons? I feed it once every 3 days...It is because it is sick? but it is still eating...or could it becoz of the lighting?

I am using 4x39W T5 lights for my 3 ft tank....but didn't change the bulb for one year already....

Hi bro....

I stop feeding to it for a week before start feeding back again....

Now is opening but does not like strong lights compare with my other anemone which is stretch an dopen wide below lights...

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

Yah..I also realize tat my rose hide away from lights..but previously when I first introduce it, it open up very big..suspect my water conditionnot good.coz I had nitrate shoot up once..will continue to monitor e conditions...thanks for sharing! :ThanxSmiley: