<PBO> Algae Scrubber Order - Part 2

enseng

Bro Enseng,

Can clarify does the Aquazonic comes in 1.5ft with 2 tubes of (8 watts x 2 tubes) = 16watts?

if in this way, we can use 1 set of light on one side. ( 16 watts per side x 2 = 32 watts )

Cheers..

Right now i am still sourcing for an manufacturer... Those keen maybe can discuss further.. If i can get the quote early, maybe will go down on Friday morning..

Any bros, keen to go down together? price should be less than $100 and location is at kaki bukit.. kindly pm me your contact if keen..

No,it is 16w each..for more information,u can refer to the aquamarin web site as per below:

http://www.aquamarin.com.sg/productsDetail.asp?productid=1374

Yea i have a scrubber just that this current one is making my sump grow with algae and i don't want that. I want algae just to grow mainly in the ATS.

• SRC Member

Specification:

Algae Scrubber ( suitable for 2 feet cube tank)

Length: 1 feet plus

See attached for details.

(any experience algae scrubber can chip in comments as well.. )

Those keen, kindly PM me your contact, will arrange to meet up and go down on Friday morning.

Frankly, if I am to DIY, I will likely skip the additional black acrylics and paint those parts black (those on the side especially). Acrylic are not cheap and precise engineering cost even more. A bro here was telling me a popular Acrylic shop charges a few dollars for every holes drilled, can't imagine how much they will charge for precise engineering. You are likely to end up paying a lot more than you expected.

My concern will probably be on the joints, you do not want the box to leak or even break apart and seawater flooding your house. Both bro stevenkoh and myself have children at home which may explain why we are less adventurous, the reason why we opt for laser cut and water proofed joints done up by the professionals. I won't clean up a salt water soaked house for $150 for sure......... :thumbdown: and not forgetting all the other risks your loves ones will be facing, such as electrical hazards (the light sets are so near to water source) etc.

Humble thoughts.

PS: Go the SantaMonica's thread, I remember he designed a nano scrubber :)

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Anyone interested, we can go down together to do the 1ft long algae scrubber for 2 ft cube tank?

Hi bro...

I'm interested.....

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

You guys may want check out the JB lobang first :)

Maybe cheaper thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

Frankly, if I am to DIY, I will likely skip the additional black acrylics and paint those parts black (those on the side especially). Acrylic are not cheap and precise engineering cost even more. A bro here was telling me a popular Acrylic shop charges a few dollars for every holes drilled, can't imagine how much they will charge for precise engineering. You are likely to end up paying a lot more than you expected.

My concern will probably be on the joints, you do not want the box to leak or even break apart and seawater flooding your house. Both bro stevenkoh and myself have children at home which may explain why we are less adventurous, the reason why we opt for laser cut and water proofed joints done up by the professionals. I won't clean up a salt water soaked house for $150 for sure......... :thumbdown: and not forgetting all the other risks your loves ones will be facing, such as electrical hazards (the light sets are so near to water source) etc.

Humble thoughts.

PS: Go the SantaMonica's thread, I remember he designed a nano scrubber :)

Understand that some bros are keen, but unable to make a trip down Friday due to working.

I had discussed with the supplier, I will be going down on Sat ( 7 August ) morning. those interested kindly PMs me your contact so that I can discuss the meet up and timing.

Those interested, may get the PVC pipe, end cap, drain socket etc.. ready and pass to him sat too..

Regarding bro- Goondoo concern of leaking or breakage, for a small 1 feet length box using 5mm acrylic is quite strong and regid. with the base and top plate in placed and ensuring all joints are well aligned and reinforced.

Furthermore, I am engaging this supplier who is doing doing acrylic display and outdoor signage and had been in this industry for quite sometimes.

Anyway, we will ask him to provide water tighness test till collection.

My this design was similar to SM nano version.

• SRC Member

Understand that some bros are keen, but unable to make a trip down Friday due to working.

I had discussed with the supplier, I will be going down on Sat ( 7 August ) morning. those interested kindly PMs me your contact so that I can discuss the meet up and timing.

Those interested, may get the PVC pipe, end cap, drain socket etc.. ready and pass to him sat too..

Regarding bro- Goondoo concern of leaking or breakage, for a small 1 feet length box using 5mm acrylic is quite strong and regid. with the base and top plate in placed and ensuring all joints are well aligned and reinforced.

Furthermore, I am engaging this supplier who is doing doing acrylic display and outdoor signage and had been in this industry for quite sometimes.

Anyway, we will ask him to provide water tighness test till collection.

My this design was similar to SM nano version.

Hi bro....

PMed you.

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

bro goondoo was right i use to like do lots of things at home and i also have a room just for DIY w/ storage

but for now busy with work and baby

Hi Steven.

Me as well until when new commitment comes in....everything needs to be re-prioritize....

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• 2 weeks later...

After some long wait, here come my 1 feet Algae Scrubber..

well finished joints, water tightness tested and fit well to the Aqua Zonic light set.

:welldone:

Will post some pictures to share here in DIY thread. Any reefer interested, can PM me for details...

Cheers

• SRC Member

After some long wait, here come my 1 feet Algae Scrubber..

well finished joints, water tightness tested and fit well to the Aqua Zonic light set.

:welldone:

Will post some pictures to share here in DIY thread. Any reefer interested, can PM me for details...

Cheers

Hi bro...

PMed you already.

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

Thohoyandou traditional healer “((+2779 **029 **3623)) whatsapp**GOGO NFULI**bring back lost lover spells**sangoma in Thohoyandou, Musina, Modimolle, Zebediela, Giyani, Mankweng, Senwabarwana, Dendron, Thohoyandou, Elim, Loius Trichardt, Botlokwa, Bela Be

2. 0

SANGOMA IN-(LIMPOPO)•.•((+277''90•29•3623))•.•Mama-Peace㏎)௹]Bring Back Lost Lover-Traditional healer-In-Polokwane, Mankweng,Seshego,Turfloop, Loius Trichardt Seshego, Lebowakgomo, Tzaneen, Mankweng, Mokopane, Lephalale, Burgersfort, Jane furse, Bochum, Ph

3. 0

SPIRITUAL HEALER ♥♥+27790293623♥♥SPELL CASTER, TRADITIONAL HEALER , LOST LOVE SPELLS, HEALING SPELLS, LUCK SPELLS, SANGOMA, PROTECTION SPELLS, FINANCE SPELLS, MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE SPELLS.call ♥+27790293623♥.MAMA GRACE ♥+27790293623♥is an expert healer, lo

4. 0

LOVE SPELL CASTER╬ )•.•((+277''90•29•3623))•.•╬GAY & spell/Death & Revenge Spells IN Uganda, South africa Nairobi, Naivasha, Taitaveta, Bungoma Riftvalley, garisa Wajir, Kisi, Nakuru, bungoma, Western Mombasa, Dodama, Mombasa, Kampala, Kawempe, Ji

5. 0

TRADITIONAL HEALER [+277-902-93623]] ╬ SANGOMA IN MODIMOLLE, ZEBEDIELA, SENWABARWANA, DENDRON, NABOOM , BOTOKWA, BRONKHORSTPRUIT, SOSHANGUVE, MAMELODI, MABOPANE, VOSLOORUS, MAFIKENG, WESTENBURG, NIRVANA, BENDOR, BUGERSFORT, SOUTH AFRICA