Fishiee's Tank

fishiee

Now for the inhabitants. I currently keep only coral and a lone mantis shrimp. The mantis is locked up in a plastic chinese new year goodies bottle in my sump. Almost all the corals except for the brain and the leather are from golden octopus. the brian coral was with me the longest. It survived 2 tank crashes. It bleached once and i nursed it back to health on my mother's insistence. The green mantis shrimp was from reborn. Its holed up in the PVC pipe, so you can't see it. So ya. Enjoy.

post-15821-042540800 1281278766_thumb.jp

post-15821-010930900 1281278773_thumb.jp

post-15821-071178900 1281278778_thumb.jp

post-15821-017276600 1281278786_thumb.jp

post-15821-001993000 1281278797_thumb.jp

post-15821-055398300 1281278803_thumb.jp

post-15821-067918100 1281278811_thumb.jp

post-15821-058357800 1281278818_thumb.jp

post-15821-068063400 1281279090_thumb.jp

Now for the sump and the enitre set up. I use a reef octo skimmer, around 600g of biohome, activated carbon, phosphate remover and cheato to filter my tank water. Don't ask why my sump is on top of my main tank. Its just like that. I built the stands myself, by the way, but the last time i opened the doors, i saw 2 ant like things. i REALLY pray that those were not termites...searched around for more, but i could not find any.

post-15821-062723200 1281279278_thumb.jp

post-15821-078134900 1281279286_thumb.jp

as for cooling, i use 2 computer fans. buy them from sim lim, second hand. i don't bother buying the first hand ones as saltwater spoils the fans faster than father time. they are mounted on modified lighting clips that were poached from my hopar T5 lights when i upgraded to solite (T5HO@24Wx4). I dose iron from brightwell aquatics, iodine, marine buffer, reef advantage calcium and magnesium from seachem. and i pass my top up water through my crystal pro (single) DI unit via a gravity siphon till the TDS reaches 0. So ya. There you have it.

Oh ya, and i feed my brain, plate and mantis shrimp 1 small piece of market prawn every week.

And do a 25 ltre. water change every week when time permits, although i plan to drop it down to 15 ltre.. (my total volume, sump included is an estimated 77 ltre.) Cheers!

the mantis is a juvinile. its happy in there for now. they like to stay in holes anyway, and it likes the PVC a lot. does not venture out much. unless i put a piece of prawn in of course.

I am planning to get a new tank for it, but that will be in about 1 year 6 months time. See, i am in NS now and my mother agreed to top up the water of 1 marine tank. She will blow her top if i get another for the mantis. so ya. i will design the tank during my NS and buy it immediately after i get out.

Currently, my plans are 1 foot cube, 12 mm thick glass, 5-8 inch think sandbed with multiple PVC pipes embeded in the sand. A boyu WG-08 skimmer i have locked up in the store and a hang on back filter with a few chips of biohome. I will most likely change the water once every 2 weeks. I will either fit the tank with the normal 9W CFC or buy a cheap LED.

• SRC Member

the mantis is a juvinile. its happy in there for now. they like to stay in holes anyway, and it likes the PVC a lot. does not venture out much. unless i put a piece of prawn in of course.

I am planning to get a new tank for it, but that will be in about 1 year 6 months time. See, i am in NS now and my mother agreed to top up the water of 1 marine tank. She will blow her top if i get another for the mantis. so ya. i will design the tank during my NS and buy it immediately after i get out.

Currently, my plans are 1 foot cube, 12 mm thick glass, 5-8 inch think sandbed with multiple PVC pipes embeded in the sand. A boyu WG-08 skimmer i have locked up in the store and a hang on back filter with a few chips of biohome. I will most likely change the water once every 2 weeks. I will either fit the tank with the normal 9W CFC or buy a cheap LED.

Your plans are for this mantis shrimp or for normal fish keeping 1ft 12mm glass too much larh bro :peace:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg