Pure Lion Fish Tank

Hi All,

I'm a current rearing Damsels cause they are so Easy to rear..

Am thinking of starting another tank with Rock only Lion Fishes. Any advice on challenges faced? Know that they feed on live feed only. Have tried feeding Lion Fish with fresh water guppies but it kinda died after a few days... :(

Hi All,

Am thinking of starting another tank with Rock only Lion Fishes. Any advice on challenges faced? Know that they feed on live feed only. Have tried feeding Lion Fish with fresh water guppies but it kinda died after a few days... :(

Disease from freshwater fish can occasionally cross over to marine, so make sure to quarantine your feeders first or treat them with meds.

No experience keeping lionfish, but it might be possible to slowly wean them onto frozen/dead food much like other types of marine creatures. Lionfish aren't good beginner fish though...

• SRC Member

Yes its kinda tough to find a suitable lion fish that feeds and also the size you want. But most lionfish in the market are relatively small and the higher success ones that I had with were the voltains.Feeding them with live freshwater guppies would kinda hurt them(read somewhere)thus its best to wean them into frozen first then pellets. ;)

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

Hi All,

i have a lion fishes tank. the main challenges is the feeding. hard to get all of them to eat dead food. :) other than that its the same. if ur feeding live in the beginning, do not overfeed.