Ultra Life Red Slime Remover

enseng

Hi all,

Wondering whether Ultra life red slime remover is reef safe or not....there are mix reviews found online...majority found that the product helps but there are few reefers experienced whole system wiped out after the application although they follow the recommended dosage...

Just want to gather some review from those bros who use this product before..what could be the main reason of having the whole system wiped out?? Here are the recommendation from the package when using this products:

1. 1 level spoonful (provided) for each 15 gallons of aquarium water

2. Keep skimmer on

3. Keep UV sterillizer /ozonizer on

4. Increase O2 levels by addition of airstone (could it be the root cause of the disaster if failed to do so??)

5. If needed, repeat dosage after 48 hrs, subsequent dosage will be a week later

Hope to have clearer understanding to prevent the misfortune.....thanks all bros for sharing the information....

• SRC Member

I've used this product many times already, just turn off skimmer for half a day after application, for my 3ft tank i used 2 spoonfulls (spoon provided by product) and mixed it with water and let it drip slowly from a DIY dosing bottle made from a 1L softdrink bottle. This is so that ur livestock doesnt get shocked by the sudden introduction of foreign chemicals. When u turn ur skimmer back on rem to adjust skimming to dryer(lower foam mark) as it'll go crazy and start overflowing with yellow foam. U only need to dose once btw and the algae should start turning pale and die off in 2-3 days in some cases 1 day only. Once ur skimmer stop producing yellow skimmate, change 1/4 of ur water. Dont use tap water hor nor dose trace elements for a few days to be sure the algae dont respawn. Hope this helps ...

P/S : If u got clams i recommend dosing half of wats recommended and monitor.

I've used this product many times already, just turn off skimmer for half a day after application, for my 3ft tank i used 2 spoonfulls (spoon provided by product) and mixed it with water and let it drip slowly from a DIY dosing bottle made from a 1L softdrink bottle. This is so that ur livestock doesnt get shocked by the sudden introduction of foreign chemicals. When u turn ur skimmer back on rem to adjust skimming to dryer(lower foam mark) as it'll go crazy and start overflowing with yellow foam. U only need to dose once btw and the algae should start turning pale and die off in 2-3 days in some cases 1 day only. Once ur skimmer stop producing yellow skimmate, change 1/4 of ur water. Dont use tap water hor nor dose trace elements for a few days to be sure the algae dont respawn. Hope this helps ...

P/S : If u got clams i recommend dosing half of wats recommended and monitor.

hey bro, u use 2 spoonful only?...is it effective?

thought 3ft tank is abt 90gallon..the recommended should be ard 6spoonful(15gallon/spoonful)

i dose 5 spoonful last time, altought the red slime is gone initially, it comes back again ...maybe i should try again wif the less dosage...u mean the trace element will cause the red slime to respawn?....

• SRC Member

I put number of spoons according to the severity of the slime growth, the product instuctions dosage is just a rough guide in my opinion (since they're not at ur home to access), most importantly u dont know how ur corals n fish would react if u put too much. Generally once u see a light yellow tint in ur water its enuf.

The red slime comes back after treatment usually its cos of something u been dosing too much(like amino acids or vitamins) or the water u're using for water changes isn't free of insolubles.