can live rock be stack?

hazkha

• SRC Member

of coz u can stack the LRs else how u gonna scape ur tank. U cann't possibly have all the LRs lyin on the bottom rite. :lol: Btw, there's no nd to add anythin into ur water inorder for u to stack LRs

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member
i mean what you have to add in the water in other to keep live rock for a 2 feet tank? :shock:

Both seawater and saltmix will support ur LRs. LRs are used in ur marine tank not only for scapin purpose but also to house all the beneficial bacteria as well as other good or bad habitants. There's no special requirement to sustain LRs, they dun eat! U may wan to read up more on marine keepin bro.,

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member
but some of the fish shop say i have to put calcium,iodine and strontium.Do i need to add those into my fish tank?

Watever LFS pple said...listern with left ear out thru the right.

Tats y i said, read up more from books and this forum. Calcium, iodide and magnesium are all supplements. Calcium are essential for coral growth and certain inverts, iodide is an important element required by inverts and many soft corals, magnesium are used to restore depleted levels of magnesium in ur tank water especially when u dose kalkwasser. All these are parts and puzzles of ur water parameter tat u nd to maintain them at as ideal as compared to natural seawater for ur LS to survive in.

Btw...its iodide not iodine, iodine is as toxic as chlorine as should nvr be used in a reef tank.

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• SRC Member

Watever LFS pple said...listern with left ear out thru the right.

Tats y i said, read up more from books and this forum. Calcium, iodide and magnesium are all supplements. Calcium are essential for coral growth and certain inverts, iodide is an important element required by inverts and many soft corals, magnesium are used to restore depleted levels of magnesium in ur tank water especially when u dose kalkwasser. All these are parts and puzzles of ur water parameter tat u nd to maintain them at as ideal as compared to natural seawater for ur LS to survive in.

Btw...its iodide not iodine, iodine is as toxic as chlorine as should nvr be used in a reef tank.

i agree with jd_n

Don't trust the LFS too much. Compounds like strontium, magnesium and iodide are not the so called "essential" things to look out for. Anyway these are present in the salt, so you more or less replenish them when you do a water change