How to get rid of mould on fishes fins?

• SRC Member

Any solution where dun have to put the fish in another tank to cure this issue?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• Senior Reefer

is the "mould" white and clumpy? if so, then it's a viral infection called lymphocystis.

it means your water condition is no good. improve water condition and diet and your fish will recover on its own. there is no cure for lymphocystis.

is the "mould" white and clumpy? if so, then it's a viral infection called lymphocystis.

it means your water condition is no good. improve water condition and diet and your fish will recover on its own. there is no cure for lymphocystis.

I doubt is Lympo because last owner claimed the fishes to be 2 - 3 months(in the forum so far only one person sold away the blue ring, I guess). It should had already passed the stage, so unlikely to relapse because use to captive liao, if I am not wrong.Unless fish is less than the stated period.

Anyway, you are right that water quality plays an important part for the fishes.

You can ozonise the water which can speed up the cure for this virus. Happened to my angels before infected sometimes due to injury but gradually it will gone away with ozonisation.

don't ozonise youe water!

it's very toxic to the fish if you don't do it properly.

O3 is a highly toxic allotrope of oxygen and highly unstable.

Just for sharing information, my Sander model 200 ozoniser is on daily 24 hours basis set at minimum level without ORP Controller for many years. So far no casualty caused by ozone gas but on the contrary fishes infected by this lympocites virus recovered well within weeks.

Thus, i believed an ozoniser is very useful device for burning of virus maybe also algae spores, protozoans & bacteria infection. Ozone too breeches an aged aquarium water to crystal clear effect condition. If u view your aquarium lengthwise from one end side u noticed not any more yellowish aged aquaruim water.

Another phonomenon by using Ozoniser is your Skimmer will not be producing much scum as most nutrient waste in water already ridden off by ozone gas. Hence it also help to maintain a greater bio load for those like to keeping many fishes.

In conclusion i think an Ozoniser is a very useful device to install in any aquarium. Nowadays even Air conditioners are fitted with an Ozoniser mode to purify the stale air in our living room.

• Senior Reefer

bro angelfish sorry, i mis-understood your unitial post.

i did not know you meant install an ozonizer. i read your post as pumping ozone gas into the water.

in that case, yes.

ozonizer and UV sterilizers will denature DNA very quickly.

thus any bacteria, virus or protozoa in contact with UV or ozone, will have their DNA denatured and degraded and the organism will die.

• SRC Member

Wat I meant by got mould is not after intro into my tank then kana wan.

Is after being bought home,put in partition tank then went look c look c then realized got mould.

Btw the rest of my fish include orsony blue face ok no problem leh.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

yes! It's white & clumpy...

• SRC Member

With photo will be better to provide good advice.

too bad my computer down. Sigh.

Anyway I should have read your pm earlier n listen to u. Sad to c the fish like this.

• SRC Member

Anyway the sick fish is in a small tank. This small tank is place inside my main tank basically to let those fishes get use to him.

Can I add a cleaner shrimp or 2 in it to help do the job?

Or a doctor fish? Possible?

Any solution where dun have to put the fish in another tank to cure this issue?

DUCADOS bro, when you arrived to collect the fish , I've even net it out to show you and check if there's any defects or disease. And you've check it before bagging it, i'm very ascertain that the fish you pick up is healthy, am i not right?

Changing of environment and poor water quality will cause stresses to the fish. Improper climatising and introduction of the fish into your tank also plays a part that causes stress and intrigue Lympho. So find out in which part of the process you have not done right first then its much easier to troubleshoot your problems. Else send me a pics of the fish and i can help you on that.

I doubt is Lympo because last owner claimed the fishes to be 2 - 3 months(in the forum so far only one person sold away the blue ring, I guess). It should had already passed the stage, so unlikely to relapse because use to captive liao, if I am not wrong.Unless fish is less than the stated period.

I posted it as 2~3mths and its a fact, i don't have to "CLAIM". I do not have to subject to under state the period of time of the fish with the fish VALUE at $35/-. I wasn't born yesterday and i didn't start fishkeeping yesterday. So don't add in your unfounded claims and create misunderstanding. You keep your fish and I keep mine, don't mind?

Anyway, you are right that water quality plays an important part for the fishes.

Wat I meant by got mould is not after intro into my tank then kana wan.

Is after being bought home,put in partition tank then went look c look c then realized got mould.

Btw the rest of my fish include orsony blue face ok no problem leh.

Seems like you think you have got a sick fish right from start. Then bring it back to me , i should be feeling sad more than you do for the fish after changing hands.

Just for the sake of everyone reading this thread.

Rule #1 , if you buying livestock here, if you don't feel comfortable after viewing , reject it. The most you waste a trip rather than making all the accusation after that.

Rule #2, if you sure with what you're buying , then stick to it. No point listening others opinion because end of the day , the fish is going to swim in your tank not theirs.

for this kind of sickness it ok just let it be, it'll take bout 1-2mths for it to be cure so don't worry.

At times it'll spread to most of it body, mostly fin and tail area cause of more sensitive area.

Just take note do not stress it during this period of time ( Don't get bully by tank mate )

My queen once also got it about 2yrs back during as juv, it took me nearly 3mths to let it cure and recovered.

Now it my fav of all, by the way it become stronger and stronger day by day after the illness.

Fish is just like human it'll fall sick once environment changes and bad, it'll also be a challenge for it to have a better immune system against such illness in future.

Seems like you think you have got a sick fish right from start. Then bring it back to me , i should be feeling sad more than you do for the fish after changing hands.

Just for the sake of everyone reading this thread.

Rule #1 , if you buying livestock here, if you don't feel comfortable after viewing , reject it. The most you waste a trip rather than making all the accusation after that.

Rule #2, if you sure with what you're buying , then stick to it. No point listening others opinion because end of the day , the fish is going to swim in your tank not theirs.

Rule #1 Well, said. Willing buyer willing seller

Rule #2 Disagreed. Advice is for us to listen even we might want and to gather more details till our final decision. One of the reason to establish this marine forum is to exchange ideas in keeping marine. At the end of the day, the call is in our hands.

Anyway, I think Ducados is trying to seek advice in this forum. Rather then asking for a refund.

However as I mentioned to him, keep it in the QT and monitor the behave till the next move.

• SRC Member

Rule 1 or 2 i dun care.

I only know i trust wat the member posted and if they mentioned the item they selling is the kind of conditon that i will get,i will just buy.

Pics n real thing may seems diff but even if i reach seller's place n found that item not as per wat seller describe, (depend on seriousness)in most of the circumstances i'll still take unless very ''jialat''.

Coz i dun like to fly people plane etc after telling people i onz for that particular item n in return of coz i do hope seller also play their part like stating the fact n condition of item honestly.

As for refund etc i can't be bother. (it's small $ to me) I got no time n i definitely not gonna waste my trip (petrol)

• SRC Member

ya bro so how's the goby i gave u??

by the way for angel is common to get this illness due to stress and water condition

try to keep it in a peaceful environment will do the trick

Ai seh...Long time never hear from u.

Still with me playing with those sands lol...

Ic...so i leave it (angel) in the small tank that place in my main tank can?

• SRC Member

Rule #1 Well, said. Willing buyer willing seller

Like wat orsony said. Willing buyer willing seller.

Buyer bought liao also never make noise,just wanna verify wat r the ways to cure the problem.

I dun c y bigbigfish wanna make a fuss over it furthermore i didn't even mention/indicate who i bought from or where i got the fish from etc.

for angel it'll need space to swim and Rome around also if it feeding well and not being bully in ur main tank, u can choose to release it.

Cause as such illness it won't spread

as said all is due to stress bro

good to see more angel lovers around now..

But still my piece of advise is to choose best of among all Large angels, and stick with it.

As such you will see a healthy and beautiful angel in the end result.

I've try alot of angels before and fail over times or even disease break out, but still some bro here able to sustain.

Tricks are u can dose copper if u only keep fish only, but be-careful on the dosage amount.

Another is u can dose O3 but do control as well...

Like wat orsony said. Willing buyer willing seller.

Buyer bought liao also never make noise,just wanna verify wat r the ways to cure the problem.

I dun c y bigbigfish wanna make a fuss over it furthermore i didn't even mention/indicate who i bought from or where i got the fish from etc.

Hm.....I remember saw some1 full tank fishes in LCK under intensive care recently, duno I can enjoy that service too..