too much? too little?

RAV-65

Hi all,

I have a 2 feet tank and I'm using a mini in-tank skimmer made in germany, but i always get only brown water, unlike the kopi-o dat the skimmer is suppose to produce... izit because the air flowing through the tube is too strong? Is the air supposed to be flowing slowly through the water chamber? Currently the air seems to be gushing upwards through the chamber so i dunno if it's right... Can someone pls advise?

Vincent Ho :thanks:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi all,

I have a 2 feet tank and I'm using a mini in-tank skimmer made in germany, but i always get only brown water, unlike the kopi-o dat the skimmer is suppose to produce... izit because the air flowing through the tube is too strong? Is the air supposed to be flowing slowly through the water chamber? Currently the air seems to be gushing upwards through the chamber so i dunno if it's right... Can someone pls advise?

Vincent Ho :thanks:

Are you using this type of skimmer? This type of skimmer will skim protein from the direct flow of water in the chamber, into the collecting cup above. The time for that amount of water stay in the skimming chamber is very short.

Hence, the skimming outcome wouldn't be that efficient. Since is a 2 footer, can upgrade to counter flow or venturi type. They cost more,..

post-17-1072457649.jpg

Hi,

dat's exactly the skimmer i have... will it be better if i control the flow of the bubbles gushing through the chamber? coz i notice that normally the bubbles in a skimmer dat is working well produces dry bubbles, but my bubbles are like extremely wet... the container on top fills up very quickly sometimes...

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi,

dat's exactly the skimmer i have... will it be better if i control the flow of the bubbles gushing through the chamber? coz i notice that normally the bubbles in a skimmer dat is working well produces dry bubbles, but my bubbles are like extremely wet... the container on top fills up very quickly sometimes...

Vincent Ho

Well, you can give a try,..

Good luck then. ;)