smallest physical size pump around 1000 L/H

weileong

My haliea pump for driving my RA680 just died. Very strong burning rubber burning smell and I trace the smell to the sump. Luckily at home else probaby whole house get burn down. Also pump has no water flow.

Was looking at the SICCE IRDA, is this the smallest pump avaliable in the market? How abt the smaller ehiem?

I made some measurement on the flow rate coming out from the RA680 actually mine is TW6/CT and it has the heater function, still trying to find out how to program it, hiak, no luck so far.

Enough of the crap. I used a one litre container and it took about 6-7 secs for it to fill up.

This calculates to around 600l/h. Changed to a 2500 l/h pump also the same. Seems like the chiller is limiting the flow to 600l/h.

Did anyone of you notice this?

• SRC Member
means if I going to use a SICCE NOVO with flow rate of 800 l/h should work too.

Cos sump quite packed now, trying to reduce space.

The 1250 would seems a tight fit so probably going with the SICCE IRDA which is 1/2 the size.

You want to buy mr coralline algae encrusted powerhead? :D

1400L/h for $10 nia..... :P

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
now test running on the NOVO, flow rate still around 600 l/h. I think makes no sense to get a bigger pump to drive it. Unless you intend to return the chiller output to the main tank.

okie....okie.....

whats the time it takes to rise the temp by I degree

Whats your tank size?

What light you using?

How the ventilation in your house like?

dino07.gif

wow one time ask so many questions lol

whats the time it takes to rise the temp by I degree ?

Have not test it yet cos main tank still cycling.

Whats your tank size?

4ftx2ftx2.5ft but after DSB left 2ft height

What light you using?

2x250W MH

How the ventilation in your house like?

quite windy.

• SRC Member

hi weileong,

if u looking for sml powerhead in terms of size and flow (600 to 1100) and quite decent brand , try maxijets (italy). They have 1100 l/h, 900 l/h and 2 other lower flow types. small as well. I have both the idra and maxijet...so far so good..maxijet smaller and lighter IMO.

:D