Cloudy Water

yhanlee

Hi Fellow Reefers,

Today morning i woke up to find the water in my 30gallon tank become abit cloudy. Really puzzled, the tank has been running for 4months already.

I feed twice daily. Really puzzled, so far the fishes are ok and the corals are still opening. The only thing is my small mandarin(about 1inch)

died and its being eaten now by my coral banded shrimp. Can such a small fish cause my water to be cloudy? My current livestock is:

Yellow tang x1

Flame angel x1

Clown x3

Long Nose hawkfish x1

Benggai Cardinal x1

Bicolor dottyback x1

Blue Jaw Trigger x1

toadstool x1

torch coral x1

frogspawn x1

colt coral x1

flower pot x1

flavia x1

plate coral x1

GSP

I will take a picture tonight. Really a bit worried now. Any reefers have the same experience, please advise. Thank you very much

how often do you do water changes?

do you use RO water or tap water dechlorinater?

what are your water parameters?

i would advise you to do a huge water change first, at least 50 percent, then post up more info about the equipment you're using.

i highly doubt the mandarin fish could cause it, but well that's just my opinion

This evening went back and found water not cloudy anymore. Thanks to all who replied..But still

thinking the root cause of it. Really puzzled

could be a lack of water changes or over feeding. my tank crashed once because i didn't do water changes for quite a while, but after that incident i've been keeping up with the water changes.

• SRC Member

Most important your LS r fine.

I've seen some reefer dun change water for years,fishes still ok.

Somehow those fishes has already get use to your water condition.

But that doesn't mean u can add new fishes as new fishes can't get use to such water condition n may die.

Wanna add new fish best is 2 weeks later after water change!

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!