Overseas Coral Purchase

Kiong77

Just wondering what's the recommended overseas online shops pple get corals from. There's quite a few around but which have you all tried and how's the delivery in term of minimium DOA, colour bleaching, accuracy of coral as per order.

:rolleyes:

RSM130D

Not recommended.

Reasons: Costly, high chance of DOA,illegal since you don't have import license etc..

What type of corals are you looking at?

You can request LFS to bring the corals in for you.

Oh illegal? u mean what's stated on AVA website is incorrect? HAHAHA.. :P

2. Animal & Pets Sector >> Import, Export and Transshipment of Ornamental Fish

Can I bring ornamental fish into Singapore?

A traveller may import up to 30 fish in not more than 3 litres of water or a mixture of the different varieties of

ornamental aquatic organisms provided it does not exceed 5kg in total weight and must be within a traveller's limit for

the various items. For details, please refer to AVA website at www.ava.gov.sg

I know it's costly but reefing itself is not actually a cheap hobby. Me jus out of curiousity asking if pple do bring in fishes or corals from overseas since it's NOT actually illegal. :heh:

RSM130D

It says

"

Note:

The above allowances are for baggage of travellers only and are not applicable to items shipped by cargo."

You can hand carry/check in if it's within the limit stated and you have the proper endorsement if it falls within CITES listing( Which majority of corals are)

Ordering online does not fall within this category stated.