Yellow banded possum wrasse

• SRC Member

Very easy to keep. I have a confirm pair, bought it that way. Mostly swim together amongst the rocks and overhang. Will not tolerate other wetmorella if you have a pair, found out the hard way.

Very easy to keep. I have a confirm pair, bought it that way. Mostly swim together amongst the rocks and overhang. Will not tolerate other wetmorella if you have a pair, found out the hard way.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I just reached back from a long dinner, my yellow banded is in a betta box with a lid. It was at the top and not moving, though it was dead and moved the box thinking I may have to dump it.

Then it started flipping about, darned quite scary. Really thought it was a dead fish. Guess that's why they called possum...

• 3 months later...

Just to update reefers on the possum wrasse, I noticed a behaviour which I did not know about.

My yellow banded possum wrasse seems to clean off parasites or dead skin off the other larger fishes, the fish inclines beside the possum wrasse and allows the wrasse to pick off the body and fins.

Is this normal? I couldn't find any information about yellow banded possum wrasse being cleaners....