JNS BioPellet Reactor Alpha 2

kueytoc

• SRC Member

:score:SHIOK!!!...Let's TWIST & SHOUT. :thumbsup:

JNS BioPellet Reactors add new “twist” to Fluidized Reactors

The new JNS BioPellet Reactors are using an innovative vortex to keep biopellets in suspension inside the reaction chamber to ensure an even flow of water around the pellets to maximize their potential. The spinning vortex helps prevent clumping and channeling of the pellets that can happen with uneven flow percolating through the media. In the JNS BioPellet Reactor, the pump is mounted on the bottom to keep the footprint small, to feed water through the reactor and to create the vortex.

UPDATE: The JNS BioPellet Reactors use Sicce Syncra Pumps, updated details follow.

This is one of the more innovative methods we’ve seen to fluidize biopellets and its nice to see the bottom mounted pump to decrease the overall sump presence but also to eliminate the need for hoses to connect the feed pump to the chamber. The JNS BioPellet Reactors are built from sturdy acrylic with a unique upper plate and lid assembly with a built in plenum to keep the pellets in the chamber without the need for sponges along with a side-mounted discharge tube to carry the effluent into your sump.

These reactors come in two sizes dubbed the JNS BioPellet Reactor Alpha 1 and Alpha 2. The smaller reactor is the Alpha 1 with an 11 cm x 14 cm footprint, 7 cm diameter reaction chamber, 37 cm overall height and half liter capacity.

The JNS Alpha 2 has a footprint of 15 cm x 18 cm using a 10 cm diameter reaction chamber for an overall height of 37 cm. The capacity of the Alpha 2 is 1.3 liters overall.

The JNS reactors incorporate Sicce Syncra pumps with the Alpha 1 using the Sicce Syncra .5 pump that pushes 185 GPH at 8W. The larger Alpha 2 uses the Sicce Syncra 1.5 pump rated at 357 GPH at 23 W.

A nice feature of the Sicce Syncra pumps is the flow rate can be adjusted so you can regulate the vortex to give you a low flow to a higher, more aggressive flow depending on your needs and brand of biopellets.

post-2609-0-66337200-1302708347_thumb.jp

post-2609-0-69564900-1302708379_thumb.jp

post-2609-0-53562500-1302708387_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

:heh: You can purchase the item directly from the Taiwan Manufacturer, JNS AQUARIA.

:excl: However, they accept USD payment by Wire Transfer only.

:evil: Though the cost of item is fairly reasonable but be prepared to fork out more than $200++ for shipping plus ridiculously high wire transfer bank charges.

Any idea where we can get this bro ?

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

:friends: I chose JNS BioPellet Reactor as it has a compact footprint & an innovative vortex design to keep the biopellets in suspension inside the reaction chamber.

There are 2 problems with Reef Octopus reactor: "When you start pumping water in the reactor, there is a tendency for the water to push the cup up, hovering it above its seat. When adding biopellets to water for the first time, you cant help for some pellets to float due to maybe some tiny airpockets trapped inside the pellets. Some also cling to micro bubbles when you first start the pump. In any case, when these pellets float up and settle between the cup and its seat, trapping them there. You can probably shake the whole reactor to have the pellets fall, but surely, this will become a problem everytime new pellets are added.

Second, because the middle tubing is fitted to the lid, it can be a challenge to replenish biopellets without lifting the tubing slightly. Lifting the tubing will mean a problem re-seating it back to the bottom of the reactor without squishing pellets or avoiding pellets to enter the tube. Stirring the the pellets with the tubing helped, but Im sure several pellets made their way inside the tube. If they get pushed out when I start the pump then great, but what if they get stuck inside and restrict the flow, worse add dead spots?"

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

:evil::evil::evil:A TRANSVESTITE'S JOURNEY TO A NEW BEGINNING

Bernama – Tue, Apr 12, 2011 3:49 PM SGT

''Mak Nyah'' or ''Pondan'' is the Malay term for transvestites or cross-dressers. Society frowns upon this group of people, though they may have their own reasons for living as the opposite gender.

This article dwells on the life of "Atuk", an HIV positive transvestite who has experienced sexual abuse, drug addiction and prostitution - but has now turned a new leaf to help those in the same predicament.

This is the first of a two part series.

KUALA LUMPUR, April 12 (Bernama) -- Looking at the face, figure and demeanour, it is hard to believe that this woman is actually a man.

Roslan Hamzah, 52, affectionately known as ''Atuk'', admitted without hesitation that he is a Mak Nyah, a controversial term that generally refers to males who love to dress up and behave like women.

"Even now, though my physique may have changed, I''m still a Mak Nyah," said

Atuk during an impromptu interview at an HIV conference where Atuk was one of the participants.

Atuk openly voiced his views in the hall and started an interesting debate on society’s misplaced judgment on people like himself and how they are unfairly treated.

''YOU ARE LIKE A PONDAN''

Atuk, who was born in Kajang, said during his primary school years in Melaka that he was a normal boy. He was active in sports, a sprinter, and even represented his state.

However, he slowly started hearing about his true identity when his performance in sports started going downhill. "Roslan, why are you running like a pondan! Roslan, you just ran like a pondan!" his teacher would say.

According to Atuk, the nasty and unforgiving remarks of his teacher haunted him emotionally.

"Who did see the real Atuk? The teacher or I, myself?" asked Atuk, adding that at the time he was living with his father and step mother in Melaka.

A DARK CHAPTER

Atuk admitted that he was a ‘softie’ and was often teased by other students.

Soon he started feeling depressed.

To make matters worse, when he was in form one he was sexually assaulted.

The perpetrator was in the army where his father was an officer. He had been assigned to fetch the children of army personnel from school.

"I had to undergo sports training on that fateful day and when it was over, I was left alone as everyone else had gone back. The army truck driver threatened to abandon me on the rubber estate if I did not give in to his demand for sex," he said, describing this dark chapter of his life.

"After sodomising me the perpetrator warned me not to tell anyone of the incident or else he would harm me, but I went ahead and related the incident to my father.

"I was immediately sent to Petaling Jaya to live with my biological mother, but my soft nature made me the object of ridicule. In fact, only the girls in school befriended me.

"I felt even more depressed. How was I to study when I was taunted every day?

"Moreover, I was separated from my father and step mother. Every time I quarreled with my biological mother, she would threaten to send me back to my step mother.

"My step mother was fierce, but she had taken care of me since I was very young," added Atuk.

A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCES?

Atuk, who was undergoing emotional upheavals due to the problems within the family and school, also had another problem to deal with - fetish feelings towards the masculine gender that began after the sexual attack.

The solution? To run away from home. And that is what Atuk did. He would loiter at places where teenagers congregated and spent considerable time roller skating.

Atuk claims that he was forced into sexual liaisons with other teenagers.

According to Atuk, his biological mother did come looking for him off and on, but their meetings were often tempestuous and, in the end, both parted ways.

Atuk got to know a Malay lady who worked in a bar in the area where he was loitering.

"I was about 15 years old at that time. I got to know a woman in PJ. Knowing that I was a softie she took me back with her.

"She gave me money and taught me to take hormones. She also invited me to work in the bar where she worked. By then I had already started dressing up like a woman and I started growing my hair.

"At the same time, my dad had died and I was no longer in touch with my biological mother. She did look for me, but I had already decided on the path that I would be taking.

"I went where I found consolation. I was still young then, and the work in the pub provided me with a sense of relief.

"I was a victim of circumstances," he says referring to his gender transformation.

LOST ORIENTATION

Through a Mak Nyah who used to patronise the same bar, Atuk got to know Lorong Haji Taib, notorious for prostitution and drugs.

Atuk said that the Mak Nyah convinced him that he would be able to meet people of ''his kind'' there.

"The first time I was there I was already impressed. Why? I was well taken care of. At that time it never crossed my mind that I was being made use of and the Mak Nyah who took me there was a pimp.

Not only did Atuk start prostituting himself, but he started taking drugs, too.

"I neither smoked nor consumed liquor but was soon hooked to heroin when my boyfriend left me to get married," Atuk continued with his story.

According to Atuk, the boyfriend initially started off as his customer and soon started dating him.

"Slowly we fell in love. We lived together for nine years," said Atuk, commenting on how broken hearted he was.

He even went across the causeway where business was better to seek patrons.

"There were many customers. I was so busy I did not even have time to comb my hair after each session. I earned a lot of money. I remember how crumpled the notes were as I kept them under my clothes. Upon returning to Kuala Lumpur I used to iron them out.

"I could get between 30 and 40 customers on weekends. I could earn Singapore $50 per customer," noted Atuk, who was in the flesh trade for almost 20 years.

A REVERSAL IN LIFE

As age caught up with him, Atuk faced uncertainty and the real blow came when he was confirmed as being HIV positive.

He had been in and out of jail for drug use and only started to repent after his biological mother died.

Atuk was informed of his mother''s death by his eldest sister while he was undergoing a 40 month prison term.

According to Atuk, he met his mother several times but there was no real affection between them due to his involvement with drugs.

However, Atuk was grateful for the fact that during their last meeting he received her forgiveness.

"It was Hari Raya then and I wholeheartedly asked forgiveness from her.

"I''m sad that my mother did not live to see the change that took place in me and the social work that I''m doing," says Atuk, feeling the disappointment.

A NEW PAGE

The most shocking moment for Atuk was when he was confirmed as being HIV positive about 17 years ago. He was infected through the sharing of needles when injecting drugs.

Initially, it was difficult for Atuk to accept the fact that he was HIV positive and that there was no cure for him.

"I looked in the mirror and asked myself whether I was going to continue crying or do something about it.

"From then on I was determined to change my fate. At that time, discrimination against transvestites was severe and I needed strength to face the adversities.

"HIV sufferers share the same fate as Mak Nyah. I was chased out of the rented room and had no money. I thought people would sympathise with me," explained Atuk.

Atuk is not alone in repenting. He had the support of a friend called ''Amy'' and the Mak Nyah programme of the PT Foundation, the largest community based programme that provides services for HIV high risk groups in Kuala Lumpur.

Atuk''s real life story now serves as a good lesson for others in his predicament.

After being with the PT Foundation for 16 years, Atuk has now joined the Persatuan Cahaya Harapan Negeri Kedah (Kuala Muda) as a social worker.

In Kuala Lumpur there are many NGOs and Atuk has a number of friends who live with HIV.

"Cahaya Harapan''s focus is on the exchange of needles without sidelining other groups in need of assistance," says Atuk.

-- BERNAMA

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
  • SRC Member

:heh: You can purchase the item directly from the Taiwan Manufacturer, JNS AQUARIA.

:excl: However, they accept USD payment by Wire Transfer only.

:evil: Though the cost of item is fairly reasonable but be prepared to fork out more than $200++ for shipping plus ridiculously high wire transfer bank charges.

he mention it here , hope someone can do bulk order so i can tag along^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hi guys. will be going to taipei end of the mth (may)...

will be going to the LFS there to enquire about the reactor..

i can max buy back 03 reactor to try it out. myself will be taking one, so two more can be bring back.

Pm me if u are interested and the reactor u are planning to get.

*ps* priority wil be given to those reefers i know or senior ones.

thx you.

• Like 1

My 3ft tank

Dimension --> 3ftx1.5ftx2ft

Ehiem 1262 return

Ehiem 1260

Artica 1/5hp Chiller

Tunze 6055 + 7091 single controller

EcoTech Marine Vortech MP40W

Royal Exclusive Mini BubbleKing 160

Lumenarc 250watt 10K BLV

02x Giesemann T5 39watt (blue + Actinic)

Deltec 501 CR

:thumbsup: Well built & good quality. NO REGRETS !!! :groupwavereversed:

Any update?

Isit effectively reducing PO4 and NO3 :evil: ?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: Depending on which grade of Bio-Pellets U use, NO3 & PO4 should effectively be controlled & harnessed by the media.

The reactor is effectively aiding the media to do its job via its swirling vortex circulation. The media is still free-flowing & depleting gradually & doesn't clump together into a gluey mess which is a good sign.

Most reactors in the market are still using the traditional PO4-reactor flow in/flow out design. Though customised for bio-pellets usage, sometimes they get choked or clogged at the inlet/outlet after a while when the media melts.

Glad that I chose the right model. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: Depending on which grade of Bio-Pellets U use, NO3 & PO4 should effectively be controlled & harnessed by the media.

The reactor is effectively aiding the media to do its job via its swirling vortex circulation. The media is still free-flowing & depleting gradually & doesn't clump together into a gluey mess which is a good sign.

Most reactors in the market are still using the traditional PO4-reactor flow in/flow out design. Though customised for bio-pellets usage, sometimes they get choked or clogged at the inlet/outlet after a while when the media melts.

Glad that I chose the right model. :thumbsup:

What brand of biopellets are you using with Alpha 2 :whistle ?

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

:groupwavereversed: NP Reducing BioPellets from IWARNA. :heh:

:ThanxSmiley: .

Btw, I may want to try TLF-NPX Bioplastics from Madpetz :P !

• SRC Member