DI Water Purifier

reckless

Hi fellow reefers,

I was searching online for DIY Distilled water purifier but theres not much about it. I know that the typical 3 stage purifier can cost as a cheap as $80. Was just wondering any of you DIY fans ever done one out of bottles and tubes instead? Was thinking of doing one using 1.5ltr bottles. Any suggestions?

The Best Way Is To Keep It Simple.

Hi fellow reefers,

I was searching online for DIY Distilled water purifier but theres not much about it. I know that the typical 3 stage purifier can cost as a cheap as $80. Was just wondering any of you DIY fans ever done one out of bottles and tubes instead? Was thinking of doing one using 1.5ltr bottles. Any suggestions?

i did saw some reefer DIY a simple 2 stage RO/DI unit with just a PVC pipe filled with carbon and DI resin which look something like this

KM2241_50.jpg

i did saw some reefer DIY a simple 2 stage RO/DI unit with just a PVC pipe filled with carbon and DI resin which look something like this

KM2241_50.jpg

Ah...so basically its just water running through the pvc pipe thats filled with the purifying media? any pressure in the water flow or just free slow running water? any ideas?

• SRC Member

Any idea where to get the di resin?:) thanks

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

ahh saw the pdf file. well its kinda easy to understand how the filtration process works now. hmmmz... might try something on my own. thanks alot guys for the contribution!!!

• 4 weeks later...