My New Tank ~ Bigger and Better

poh34

• SRC Member

Weekend finally managed to go pinncale. First time after many years of reefing. Spend lots of money (imo), got 6 corals at one go. Of cos, brought my wife n children along. Never underestimate the bargaining power of ur wife. 'Solid!'

First time trying brain n candy coral. All the best. Must maintain my routine weekly water change. My tank also become mixed reef tank. 6udenaty.jpg9ehu6yne.jpg8anumysy.jpg

• SRC Member

Finally got another z pro light (all blue). Been brainstormimg for idea to sqeeue all my light above tank. Finally decided to try out hanging clip method. yvuty8ys.jpg

Using acrylic to extend out n hold my light.

e9u4e9y4.jpg

Final look.

u2u3uguj.jpg

I can slide the light to one side for feeding n minor maintenance. Btw my tank is very narrow. Only 30cm

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Latest fts. No time to go farm to add coral. Thinking of getting a bubble for the front. everything look promising n good grownth until i saw one of my torch head dying off .... despite i maintain my weekly water change. Haiz. Quite disappointing. But luckily the die off head is at the back. Not so obvious. Will it grown back or will it spread? Cos when i bought it, one small head already gone. post-17807-14071249356019_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Kena brown jelly diease. Spread to another torch coral. Made the painful decision of taking out both torch coral. Use hammer to break the infected portion. No choice. Heart pain. Now the torch break into parts. Glued them back.

• SRC Member

Does sea cumcuber know how to reverse? Seem like its struck in the rock hole for few days. 8c85e3c8f6b70459eaff87be90be0fc0.jpg

With yellow tank addition. My skimmer is totally free from brown aglae.

5a938663136218a695ace81c9cb7174b.jpg

I like this side view from massage chair. This is the main different from last rock scape.

5676b4fe29310b3ec2db89b9c121319b.jpg

Update of my ios aglae scrubber. Doing well too.

101b799f6d1d9fe22e8775d50bb3d34e.jpg

post-17807-14084077984308_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bro, You have an interesting tall but narrow tank. Is it challenging to place the rocks and corals? What's your maintenance regime like? Thanks.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Bro, nice unique tank you have then. Do you want to switch your wavemaker to opposite side of the tank to see how the LPS react to it? Seeing from your picture you LPS might be under direct flow which is not kind of ideal. Just my $0.20 worth of thought.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

Yes. It is Very challenging to place rock n corals. Due to the limited space n allocation. No choice but to keep it narrow. Mainyenance regime is weekly 10 to 20 %wc. Just bought brightwell microbact today. Hope it will make my water condition better. Also dose weekly all in one trace element.

• SRC Member

Bro andtsg , mayb u are right. My lps not doing well. I used to put at the other end. But my food will flow straight to my ios. Not very ideal. Mayb i will shift the lps or shift the wave maker to the side corner.

Bro you want to buy those floating food holder which you can attached it to the side of the tank? That way you can contain all floating pellets within the holder and will be free to place your wave maker anywhere to find out the best position.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014