how to breed clownfish.

calvin f.h

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

SNOOPY! you doing your psle this year right! So talented can breed clownfish at 12! Anyway! I would also like to breed clownfish in the future so thanks for the tip and thanks to the Calvin f.h for this thread!

• Like 1

2u72lqx.gif

• SRC Member

SNOOPY! you doing your psle this year right! So talented can breed clownfish at 12! Anyway! I would also like to breed clownfish in the future so thanks for the tip and thanks to the Calvin f.h for this thread!

Thanks man,juz finish on Wednesday..

And its just my lifelong passion :D

Cheers dude c:

steak pls

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hey,right after they lay the eggs,i remove them and place them in a seperate tank[the ones with the plastic cover,you can often find these and are imexpensive]

Then,I would remove the cover,and cover it with something translucent,eg tracing paper.

Then,place a low watt bulb above the tracing paper,then turn it on.This will simulate the moon,and also help the fry to find their food,which in this case,is artemia or baby brine shrimp.

Just a heads up,the eggs will hatch only at night,so watch out for that bit.

Feed them frequently,then transfer them into a larger tank when they have grown in sizes.

Continue till they have reached Adulthood :D

Cheers :D

steak pls

When you remove the eggs from the tank? I read the net and many had varies hatch day .. am worried I will pull the eggs out too early ..

Based on my reading, is recommended that the live rock or tile to be left inside the breeding tank with the pair as they will keep it aerated and clean. On the day of hatch, use a small dim torch to shine the surface of the tank and use a cup to scoop up the fries and transfer them to a nursery tank ...

Share ur experience and some do's and dont's .. am trying to breed my clowns now .. they are doing the courtship ritual already but yet to lay any eggs .. need to get myself prepared

This is my pair of clowns

127992ed0131a69df4028b4259ede00a.jpg

• Like 1

Hi thanks for all e advise. But my is they lay and eat on e spot. Sad...

try and not disturb the spawning pairs even like walking pass yr tank might spook them , they might or might not eat the eggs which in your case they did.

When you remove the eggs from the tank? I read the net and many had varies hatch day .. am worried I will pull the eggs out too early ..

Based on my reading, is recommended that the live rock or tile to be left inside the breeding tank with the pair as they will keep it aerated and clean. On the day of hatch, use a small dim torch to shine the surface of the tank and use a cup to scoop up the fries and transfer them to a nursery tank ...

Share ur experience and some do's and dont's .. am trying to breed my clowns now .. they are doing the courtship ritual already but yet to lay any eggs .. need to get myself prepared

alot of info can be found online , goggle is your best friend. Most people remove the eggs on hatch night , u wont want to go tru the trouble of catching the frys with your torch n scoop. Feeding the fry would be your next headache but u should be able to get them from the sponsor forums.

they might be showing courtship but it might take them quite awhile to start spawning GDluck !

• SRC Member

127992ed0131a69df4028b4259ede00a.jpg

Such beauties <3

steak pls

• SRC Member

@snoppy hamburger, jus a question. I want to sell off my clownfish due to too much and fighting in my tank at this website but im not sure where yo create a post to sell. Im new here. Kindly guide me :)

Go to the Sell Off/Pasar Palam section,and post it up for sale.

Title it:WTS [species] Clownfish.

Wat clown is it?If its anything of interest i might buy it.

steak pls