The chill lagoon

Full Hedge

• SRC Member

I usually praise my corals when they grow. But sometimes its important to nag at em and scold em if they dont grow.

positive reinforcement must be balanced with negative reinforcement. Like all things in life, balance is important. The asian tiger coral farmer approach must be balanced with tender loving care

i did a mental One way ANOVA statistical test 

and got an exceptionally high p value=0.999 with 9 degrees of freedom

Using growth rates of acropora in the wild which is 20-25cm of annual growth

I managed to get a confidence interval of amazing growth. + - 1cm. Assuming normal distribution properties.

Using the linear regression model of

y=Bsub1 +BXsub2 + BX3 + epsilon

we can regress coral growth (y) with respect to alkalinity, light and heterotrophic feeding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
On 12/28/2017 at 12:53 AM, Full Hedge said:

0316B6B6-7C4E-4E88-816A-303F83E7B020.thumb.jpeg.bd46ebd7cfff38271f8154e467467f10.jpeg

Trying out the red sea reef energy because I like red sea approach to coral nutrition.

Using part A itself since I already have other amino acids.

One note is my zoanthids do seem to like it. I have been observing good growth from them.

Can only provide an anecdotal observation. Not sure how much is actually due to the product.

On a side note, they recommend 6ml/25gal a day for ULNS. Three times the dosage for other systems. My tank has very low nitrate and phosphate levels but quite hestitant to dose that amount.

Anyone used that dosage before?

On 1/15/2018 at 9:57 AM, Full Hedge said:

I stopped using aminos and reef energy A.

Getting better colouration.

My kit kat acro (acropora abrotanoides) developing green on the tips.

Nitrates consistently 0. Phosphates <0.03

Hey there, may I know after stopping Reef Energy A. What are you using to supplement your corals ?

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
On 2/27/2018 at 1:16 AM, Full Hedge said:

FDD352FA-6550-464C-AB6C-332EA1A3E1A4.thumb.jpeg.84e8047fdca963e76cdf0651e93c8caf.jpegFts after cleaning the back pane

how many ft tank? isnt it better to just use a single light to illuminate the entire tank or you have different light settings for different part of the tank?

damn swee tank btw...:score: